A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
So sorry to read that xx

So the glory means little, a flash in the pan. The agony is continuous, the tablets don`t always work

when " D " did not have dementia what Practice of Buddhism would he do?

Just wondering if you talk about Buddhism, when he was sundowning, would if take his mind of other thing, talk of wanting to be dead.

Last edited:

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
yes sylvia it is the continued pain that sometimes just gets to me too oh to have i carefree day ,well just a day without sundowning would do me. Trev has a bottle lid in his mouth at mo ( like a child putting everything in mouth and will not let me remove it.was Dirhen more tired tonight Trev seems to sundown worse if he is exhausted from the pacing but like a compudion can not allow himself to sit down, oh to cuddle up on sofa a watch some rubbishon tv would be bliss dont you thinl , hope you manage some sleep and Dirhen some peace of mind goodnight lpve Pam

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Dear Silvia

The agony is continuous, the tablets don`t always work.

I know, I know.

Been there.
Can only send you a big hug, and love.
But, like me, you tried.

Barb XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Maggie....Dhiren didn`t practice Buddhism or anything else. He just spent his life working to make a living.

He`s gone to bed now and must be asleep. These episodes exhaust him. He had a good day today Pam with nothing to trigger the sundowning. If I knew what brought it on I could try to avoid it.

He`ll be all right by morning.

I hope.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Maggie....Dhiren didn`t practice Buddhism or anything else. He just spent his life working to make a living

OIC , Just like my parents who where RC work all there lives to make a living, never practice it, but did believe in it .

Just that when my mother gets very agitated, confused, can't remember something so gets more agitated . I tell her keep praying, ( mum always like praying ) seem to settle mum down take her mind of her worry, agitation. every one different .

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Sylvia,

Sorry that you had a bit of a bumpy patch last night. I saw the post where you suggested that you might start calling it Moondowning.

Didn't you say that the consultant mentioned a possible second dose to be taken in the evenings?

Perhaps something to raise with Terry as Dhiren has been on the lowest possible dose of amisulpride for a month with no side effects?

Take care,

Sandy

abigailT

Feb 4, 2009
Early bed

John used to use a computer, and still has one upstairs. He hasn't used it for years, but won't let me get rid of it because he 'might want to use it one day'!

He often asks me what I'm doing on mine, but I thinks his only problem is that he thinks I should be spending the time entertaining him. He constantly asks me when the next meal is, when bedtime is, etc. He's bored, and he wants attention, just like a child.

I am interested in your comment that John keeps asking about bedtime because that is a new feature of my husband's condition and last night he went to the loo but got into bed at 8pm. I don't know if I did right but I made him get up because otherwise he would have had me up half the night.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Sylvia, I hope your day today is less stressful. I missed that link on the Today programme site unfortunately; I've tried today but can't find it. Steam powered computer is one problem!:(

Could the amisulpride dosage be split, I wonder? Same dosage per day but half at bedtime or evening, rather than increased?
Much love, Deborah xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Sylvia

I hope that you had a good rest Sylvia. I imagine you would be reluctant to fiddle with the dosages until you see a definite decline in benefit to Dhiren. The one sure thing is that you have the confidence of knowing that you have the interest and input of a good CPN and consultant who are keen to monitor the situation along with you:)

I hope you have a good day.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Everyone.

Dhiren slept well last night and has been dozing quite a lot today. It might be because he got up earlier than usual, around 10am. or it might be because he stressed himself out yesterday. He is often very tired the day after an `episode`.

He takes Amisulpride morning and evening, half the lowest dose tablet each time. The pharmacist cuts them for me. This is only his 4th. week, he started taking it on 9th. January, so it`s early days yet.

My alarm system is now in place. :) It is on loan, so if I no longer need it or if I move out of Kent it has to be returned. They forgot to pack the Contact Pad/Pressure Pad, so the contractor will return next week. That`s OK, for if there are any teething troubles I will be able to sort them out with him.

I have to go for a bone scan next week for Osteoporosis. I have to go to Canterbury Hospital.
It takes half an hour by train, but there are long walks to and from the stations.
It takes one and a half hours by the first bus, and only a few minutes by the second bus but it runs at 20 minute intervals.
A taxi would cost £48 for the round trip.

Dhiren wants to come with, but I can`t be sure he will want to on the day, it depends what time he gets up.
The maximum time I will leave him is two hours.
So......problems.

A friend suggested I see if there is a volunteer taxi service.
There is.
It will cost £20 for the round trip and the driver will wait for a maximum of two hours at the hospital.
Problem solved.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Glad you've solved tha problem, Sylvia. I was going to suggest you ring the hospital and ask about patient transport.

I know our hospital runs one for people who can't get to appointments, and I would have thought you would qualify as you can't leave Dhiren for that long.

One of the carers at John's home had free patient transport to Glasgow for a scan on her knee, and she's certainly not incapacitated.

Don't know how general the scheme is though.

Anyway, your taxi sounds brilliant!:)

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
And I felt sick, my eyes filled, and my heart was racing. I could have kicked myself for letting it affect me. But it did and it does

my eyes have filled for you, you are human things will bother you so please don't kick yourself, I wish I lived nearer you so I could come and give you a big hug.

hope you are both having a better day
take care thinking of you lots xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Sylvia...

Just want you to know that I'm reading your thread...It does sound overall that the tablets are having a beneficial effect on Dhiren...apart from the odd "blip".....

Am so glad to hear about your latest vibrating "gadgets"...:cool::D And your taxi arrangements for next week....:D

And hoping that Dhiren will be ok tonight.....:)

love gigi xx

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Sylvia,

He takes Amisulpride morning and evening, half the lowest dose tablet each time.

Sorry, I was looking at the post you made when the medication was first prescribed:

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/talkingpoint/discuss/showthread.php?p=174114&highlight=Amisulpride#post174114

and it sounded as if he was only taking one dose in the morning.

At least when the time comes to review the medication, the record that you've kept here on TP will be a useful way of looking at the difference it's made overall.

Take care,

Sandy

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear sylvia

I'm glad you have the alarm installed with no problems. The hospital check up seems such a long way to have to travel:( I am glad that you've sorted out transport at a reasonable cost. Will you have someone sit with Dhiren or will you leave him? I am still able to leave Alan at times but it gets more and more nerve wracking for me because of his anxieties:(

I hope you have a peaceful night.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Helen

Dhiren said he wants to come with, but it will depend on what kind of a day/night he has the day/night before and how he wakes.

I leave him for 2 hours when I go to the relatives Support group so he should be all right at home.......but there`s always a doubt. There`s no-one to sit with him but I will tell my neighbours, and they will keep an eye open.

I wanted to test my new vibrating wrist band so Dhiren offered to ring the doorbell. I sat waiting, but no vibration, no light on the wrist band. I went into the hall to find Dhiren in the bedroom......
S `What are you doing?`
D `I can`t find it. Where`s the doorbell?`
S `It`s outside on the front door.`
D `Where is it?`
And I had to open the front door for him. Even then, he didn`t know where the bell was and was running his hand up and down the wrong side of the door frame.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Sylvia

Oh dear Sylvia. I can relate to Dhiren just not understanding because Alan is just the same at the moment. It all seems to have changed so dramatically quickly. Did you get the vibration in the end?:D I must admit it is very tempting to rib you about this but as you are now viewed globally I'd better contain myself:D However, don't be surprised if you have umpteen requests for a loan of it:D

Are you going to watch Terry Pratchett and is Dhiren?

Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey