A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Lynne.:)

Sundownng came at noon today as Dhiren was up and dressed by 7am.
He went out without a word. He was out for 45 minutes, came home and asked where I`d been. He couldn`t believe I hadn`t been anywhere. He thought I`d gone out and said he`d been looking for me.

After lunch he sat with me whilst I did some weeding and decided he won`t go home as no-one will know him.

So he`s staying here. :)

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Dear Sylvia

Your struggle to help Dhiren is heartbreaking. I am just overcome by admiration for you and your strength and love.

Love to youn both,

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Crisis

This evening, whilst I was on the phone, Dhiren threatened me with a large kitchen knife, told me to get out of his house, and pushed me towards the front door.

I found myself locked out with no keys, no money and just the phone in my hand.

He is now with Paul waiting for the police and an emergency doctor.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh Sylvia - this is getting too serious. Thinking about you so much and hope things calm down soon. Hope the Doctor knows how to handle the situation.

Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

Love Jan

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello Sylvia

I am so sorry that it has happened like this.

The key thing is that you are safe, and Dhiren is safe.

The challenge now is to work out what happens next, and how it is to be managed.

Your support to others has been a beacon on Talking Point - now is the time to take support from us, when you need it.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
What a shock......

Hello Sylvia,

This is such a change..as Bruce has said..at least you're safe...

It's good that your son is there for Dhiren and you

We're all here too..

Love gigi xx

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
I am so sad for you Silvia
You have helped me so much. I hope you get some help. Help here if needed.
Love Barb X

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear Sylvia,

What a shocking turn of events.

Thank goodness that Paul was able to support you and Dhiren.

I hope that over the next few days all of you can get the help and support that you need, medical and otherwise.

Take care,

Sandy

jude1950

Mar 23, 2006
Lincolnshire
Dear Sylvia .
This echo's exactly what happened to me with Jim we calmed the first incident down and got help. The second time he threatened to kill me so emergency respite was set up and now Jim is in full time care it has not been an easy road but the care he is getting now is excellent I visit as often as I can 5 or 6 times a week. I received a phone call at 6 pm this evening saying that Jim was getting very aggressive so I went to the home ...now I am not having the stress of caring 24/7 at home I am able to calm Jim and he responds well to me. I don't mind how many times they call me it is far safer for the both of us this way.Please take care of yourself, Dhiran will need you more than ever now this terrible disease is progressing. I certainly feel more able to cope now that Jim is in a nursing home and I make sure I am consulted and informed of everything that goes on.
I am so sorry this has happened I hope you get the help you need.

love Judith

Chrissyan

Aug 9, 2007
N E England
Dear Sylvia,
What a terrible turn of events, I am as usual lost for words & worried I might post the wrong thing but I just had to post to say my thoughts are with you. I hope that you all get the support you need & this is a one off incident. You haven't posted for 24 hours now hope you are back with us soon & your news is better.

Lots of love

Chris

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The doctor has been.

We were given two options.

1....Dhiren would be sectioned tonight.

2....He will be given Diazepan tonight. The doctor will contact out GP and consultant and so shall I, first thing tomorrow. Things will move on from then.

Paul doesn`t want to see Dhiren Sectioned. I am scared of what I`ve heard of assessment units.
So we are going with option 2. Dhiren will stay with Paul tonight, he will have tomorrow off work and help me sort things out.

Thank you for your support.

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Sylvia,

Hope you'll be ok tonight..try to get some rest.

Am pleased Paul will be there for you tomorrow..you need that extra support...as does Dhiren...

Thinking about you all...Love gigi xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh Sylvia, I've just caught up with the latest developments. I'm so sorry. It must have been such a shock for you. You have always shown such sympathy for Dhiren, and he's never been violent before -- or you haven't told us?

It could be a UTI, when John had his first one last September it was the only time he was ever the least bit aggressive to me, and he was fighting off the nurses in the hospital.

If that's what it is, he can be admitted to a general ward, and they will sort out his meds there.

If it's not that, I'd say still have him admitted, with or without a section. His present medication is obviously not working, and it's the best way to get it sorted out. Don't worry about assessment wards -- like everything else, there are good and bad.

Please let them admit him tomorrow, you've coped with so much, but this is something completely different.

I hope you can get a good night's sleep tonight. I'll be on pins all day tomorrow now, wondering what's happening!

Love,

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Sylvia

It is not so long ago you told me wisely about reaching a 'crisis' point ..... and having to accept the changes it brought which became out of my control ...... I am so sorry you have reached one for you and Dhiren under such cirumstances ....

I have nothing to offer other than to tell you genuinely that I am thinking of you all .... including Paul. Well done both of you for looking out for Dhiren, as always,

Love Karen, x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Hazel and Karen

Dhiren is being admitted to a local psychiatric hospital tomorrow. It was arranged by the emergency doctor.

I know nothing about it apart from the fact the local Admiral nurse, who I`ve an appointment with on Tuesday, is based there. That gives me some hope.

He is at Paul`s tonight and we will both take him tomorrow.

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear Sylvia,

I hope all goes as well as can be expected today. At least being admitted today should be a bit less traumatic than last night at midnight.

I think this is one of those times when you just have to "get through it" and let the medical professionals give you and Dhiren as much help as possible.

Take care,

Sandy

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just sending love to you Sylvia.

Although we all come to accept a crisis will occur it is hard when it does. I do hope it is just a blip, but maybe this is what you need to get you thinking 'respite'.

Hope you manage to post a little over the weekend.

Love Jan

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Sylvia

I've just had a chance to catch up on your news.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))) This must be such a worrying time for you. I do hope that they can sort out Dhiren's medication. I think that this is a fear that we all have. You must have been so scared.

You have done the right thing letting him be admitted.

If it is possible try and get some rest while Dhiren is in hospital and take some time to do things you enjoy which are impossible while Dhiren is home. I know that it will be difficult but you need a rest too after a scare like this.

Love

Mameeskye

Status
Not open for further replies.