A campaign for help for carers

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I received this email

The Carers' Call to Action being launched tomorrow, the 20th November at the Dementia Action Alliance‏
Joy Watkins (Joy.Watkins@dementiauk.org)

Add to contacts

19/11/2013

Documents

To: Joy Watkins

Outlook Active View

2 attachments (total 590.4 KB)
DAA CC2A Pre-Launch Letter (2).doc

View online
DAA_DL_leaflet_v31 (2).pdf

View online

Download all as zip
Dear all

I am writing to let you know about an important new initiative, the Carers Call to Action, to raise awareness and significantly influence how family carers of people with dementia are supported.

Many organisations including members of Uniting Carers, Dementia UK have been working on this as we believe it is time for there to be action and real change. As we know, if people with dementia are to be cared for well it is essential that family carers are also supported to do your best, make informed decisions and also look after yourself.

I have attached a launch letter and leaflet from Rachel Niblock who is coordinating the Carers call to Action which is being launched tomorrow in London at the Dementia Action Alliance

( the DAA) annual event. The DAA is the coming together of over 700 organisations who have joined to transform dementia care. www.dementiaaction.org.uk

We hope to encourage many members of Uniting Carers to get people involved, through your networks of friends and family and to share with relevant professionals. We hope the momentum will really start to build across the country as we have known what is needed for a long time now.

Please do share this email and the attached documents in whatever way you are able to personally. Services and support will only improve if more people like you share what works, share what is needed and expect to be treated fairly and with respect. As some people receive excellent care and support when caring for someone with dementia…. Is it too much to want that care to be offered to all?

The launch is just the beginning, we hope you will join us in whatever way you can.

If you would like to be kept informed about the Carers Call to Action please email Rachel Niblock at admin@carersdementiaaction.co.uk

With warmest wishes

Joy

Joy Watkins
Development Lead Uniting Carers
Dementia UK

6 Camden High St
London NW1 OJH

Tel: 0207 874 7209 mobile 07967 685 979

Fax: 0845 519 2560
email: joy.watkins@dementiauk.org

website www.dementiauk.org

-----Original Message-----

From: admin@carersdementiaaction.co.uk [mailto:admin@carersdementiaaction.co.uk]

Sent: 13 November 2013 19:22

Subject: The Dementia Action Alliance The Carers' Call to Action

Importance: High

On November the 20th the Dementia Action Alliance will launch The Carers' Call to Action. Leading charities, public bodies and providers are coming together to issue a call to transform the lives of family and friends caring for people with dementia. By working together they aim to transform the lives of 550,000 family carers of people in England today. Will you join them?

Please see attached for further details - our pre-launch letter and leaflet, we would very much appreciate it if you could circulate as widely as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further details

Very best wishes

Rachel

Rachel Niblock

DAA The Carers' Call to Action Co-ordinator

07720 538851

Last edited:

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Am having problems sharing the attachments that came with my emailI will keep trying

Last edited:

gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade, but….
I’ve just read through the DAA. web site, with particular reference to the SouthWest area. I live in this area and I’ve been a carer for my wife getting on for 3 years, for all their fine words, down where the carer meets the sufferer, I’ve seen nothing of any of these people at all.
They talk the talk alright, but I have seen no evidence that they walk the walk.