Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Well Mum is amazing us again. Her colour seems a little better. After the next dose of diamorph I might pop home for a shower. You're all so dear but I don't think there's anything anyone else wouldn't have done in this thread. You're all amazing carers. As I just said to Mum, "There's nothing special about the two of us worth hanging around for!"

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Mum's hands are worrying me. They have been blue for a while but now her right hand is a colour that's hard to describe but it looks a bit like a mountaineer who's got frostbite. :(

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
Mum's hands are worrying me. They have been blue for a while but now her right hand is a colour that's hard to describe but it looks a bit like a mountaineer who's got frostbite.

When we've more urgent concerns to attend to, the less important "body" sensations don't get noticed in ordinary life. I hope and believe your Mum won't be aware of anything except the comfort of the love around her.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
They've made her cosy but I guess the blood is all diverted to vital organs now. I've held her hand but it makes no difference.
I think she is at quite a deep level of coma now though they keep telling us she can still hear us. When I do her eye care there is no reflex blink. X

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Haven't been around for a few weeks Pied so have only just seen this thread.

Just wanted you to know you & your mum are in my thoughts & I wish your mum a peaceful end.

Love
Mo
x

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Pied, you and your sister will be able to look back on these days, absolutely certain that you did everything possible for your Mum, when she was at her most helpless, as she did for both of you when you were her babies.

Your dear Mum will know of your love, and will feel it all around her, and you and your sister will know that you did your best - and more. May God watch over you all.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Dear Pied , Sending much Love , Peace and Comfort to you all , you and your Sis are 2 lovely caring and loving daughters

Still thinking of you all & Speical Peaceful thoughts for your Mum

Lots of Love & Comforting Hugs

Love Grove x x x x x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I send my love and my sympathy to you and all your family, the world may have lost your Mum but I, for one, have gained so much from your experiences. Thank you for sharing this with us all. Maureen.x.

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
And you and your sister helped put that smile on her face. I am so glad your Mum is now at peace. She was one wonderful woman.

Now you can rest too. You're probably too exhausted to sleep but at least there's no more supporting that's needed for a bit. Bless you and yours.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh Pied, I've kept popping in, waiting with you.

Bless you Pied, you and sis have done everything right, your mum is so thankful for you both. Now she is at peace at last, free from all pain.

Now she's looking down on you, thanking you, and from now on she's looking after you both as you looked after her. She will always be with you, that final smile is her promise and thanks to you both.

God bless you all,

Love hugs and prayers,

Hazel

Rosie Webros

May 8, 2013
So sorry for you at this sad time, but what a wonderful daughter you are. You should be very proud of yourself, and your mom is now at peace and not having to live with this terrible illness any more.

Take care of yourself. Hugs. Rosie xx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I send my love and my sympathy to you and all your family, the world may have lost your Mum but I, for one, have gained so much from your experiences. Thank you for sharing this with us all. Maureen.x.

Can I just second what Maureen has said. I couldn't have put it better. Thank you, Pied.

I wish you comfort in the coming days, weeks and months. I hope that you remember the smile and that you did all you possibly could and more. xx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So pleased to read how your Mum died - that smile will stay in your minds and I am sure she was smiling because of all the love and care you had given her and that you had stayed with her until she was ready to go.

Much love and hugs Pied, its still going to be a difficult time but be kind to yourself as you have been under a lot of pressure and a long time of uncertainty.

Will still keep you all in my thoughts

Celia
xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
It's been a priviledge Pieds, to be allowed to experience this precious time with you. Your Mum is now free from pain, and you and your sister have been the daughters that anyone would be proud to have as their own.

May God watch over you and your sister during the difficult days ahead, and may you find comfort in the cyber love from these pages. I feel I knew your Mum.

May her dear sweet soul Rest in Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.