Listing 3 positives for the day!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
This thread hasn't been used for a while??
Can't think why Helen!:rolleyes:
But, if you can do it then so can I!
1. Have a headache but so far have managed without codeines.
2. Have cleaned the kitchen windows and doorpanes! (feel very virtuous about that!- only inside though!)
3. Struggling.......oh yes. Put out 2 garden rubbish bags instead of the one I am
supposed to - and the men took both! Kind men.:)

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
  • Had a good day at work today, enjoy my job and love the people I work with.
  • Had a nice sandwich for lunch.
  • Best of all - only work part-time so now am off till next week!

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
:) Back at work, thrown straight into a meeting, but thankfully and rarely, knew what I was talking about, so it was fine
:) Enjoyed seeing my work mates again
:) Was nice to hear how my son had got on, on his first day back at school and he was very cheerful and enthusiastic - long may it last

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
My positives for today are:

1. I was able to live in the moment with the pain.

2. I was able to be in a calm and meditative state all day.

3. I feel grateful for all the goods things there are.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
:) I survived an hour and a half in a class of 5 year olds and didn't lose or damage any!!:D

:) I've organised a little package of cover so that I can get one night with my friends in the hotel where my retirement do is to be held :D

:) The local carers' centre is sending me 8 vouchers which can each be exchanged for a massage! They are valid for a year from receipt! I'm chuffed!!:D

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
My three positives for today thats Sarah by the way using larivys I pad

1 larivy took me to see my godmother who as vascular dementia and has been admitted to the local hospital it was lovely not to have to go on my own as my mum had been in that hospital when she had cancer

2 larivy and I went out to Maldon with Bertie and I took loads of lovely photos

3 I will return home with a tan

PurpleJay

Nov 2, 2011
Derbyshire
I have had a rough day so I hope you don't mind if I join in.

1. My son has enjoyed his first week back at school

2. My husband is getting on well with laying the new flooring on our stairs

3. We will hopefully get the chance to go out over the weekend as a family

Jane xxx

Edited to add:-
4. I made a fab veg curry tonight and hubby was very appreciative :)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I'm starting early with my positives for today and will return tonight with three more.

1. I feel refreshed and have less pain than yesterday

2. I am going to make it a calm and meditative day today

3. I am going out with friends tonight to see the illuminations at Matlock and have a chinese meal.

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
1. Have done my morning exercises

2. Taking my husband for a short walk this morning in the beautiful sunshine.

3. Going to see 'Calendar Girls' in the village hall this evening with my daughter.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
These are mine for yesterday:

:) Picked mam up from the day centre and it went well. No problems in the car or with mam being tearful or angry.

:) Went to elder daughter's engagement party and mam and dad even managed to get there and stayed for two hours despite the VERY LOUD :eek: club music.

:) Really enjoyed watching my beautiful daughter looking so happy, dancing with her fiancee and having such a good time, and seeing my lovely younger daughter looking like a young lady and enjoying herself so much.

I need to put a fourth:

:D My daughter's boss was at the party and he said that he hopes I realise what a special daughter I have. He obviously thinks very highly of her, and my heart almost burst with pride.

I'm a very lucky woman.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
College Girl I love your positives xx

1:)The weather is lovely

2:)I have such a wonderful supportive family

3:)I cut the lawn it's nice and tidy now

babypie

Feb 29, 2012
Rubery,Birmingham
Here are mine

1/ Took my partner(nurse) to work at 6am as usual and DIDN'T see any squashed hedgehogs on road (upsets me for the day) :(

2/ Woke my little dog up at 7am to take her for a walk and she was amazingly pleased to see me

3/ Took a left over loaf to the local fields and fed all the birds, lots of seagulls there, must be visiting land locked Birmingham for a holiday :)

Animal mad is me :D

Last edited:

Amanda1954

Nov 5, 2006
Leicester
1. After a grim week I'm feeling brighter today, more positive, and thankful for TP's support, rediscovered after some years away.

2. I had a lovely time in the sunshine today at a local village street party with a young friend who was playing in the band.

3. We're going out tonight for a Chinese meal with 9 friends to celebrate my husband's forthcoming birthday.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
My three positives for the day:

Mum coped really well with me being out and just phoning her today - only one call this morning to my landline and one this evening. Hope she does as well again tomorrow!

The generous shoppers at Hedge End enabled us to fill 69 Family Boxes today for our convoy to Kosovo In October (plus donated other items not yet packed) We collected 1236kgs of aid in total. Day 3 tomorrow..

I am about to have a glass of red wine to help my aching back and hopefully aid sleep!

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
My 3 positives for today are:

1. I feel well

2. I slept well

3. I am going to enjoy whatever the day brings

amicalia

Jul 9, 2011
Sussex
Have struggled with my positives a bit lately as daughter and partner annoying each other and I hate that atmosphere, also had too much work.
(sorry I brought my negatives in there!)

1. Partner, daughter and I are off to a science day with partner's mum, it's a lovely place to visit with lots of outdoor stuff as well as indoor things and hoping to go to a planetarium show as part of it

2. Even if partner and daughter have a row, it's big enough that I can wander away from them!

3. Sunshiney lovely weather

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I'm going to do my positives before I become negative :confused:

:p I had a lovely visit to my husband yesterday, we laughed and shared lots of happiness.
:p I spoke to my brother in the States last night. First time since he has arrived.
:p I have had so much support from TP this week, you have kept me going (I mean that in all sincerity)

Can I add a bonus one too please
:p I lost 2lb this week.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
College Girl I love your positives xx

Thank you Jeany!

Todays are:

;) Got my ironing done!

:) Was pleased that hubby went to his parents' house to wash their windows for them (upstairs and down!) - sometimes it seems that all our attention is on my parents, and his parents don't get a look in.

:D Spent all afternoon working in the garden, did lots of work on my back border, just need a wooden obelisk, some trellis for the fence, and a pyracantha to plant and it's sorted for the autumn and - hopefully - winter!

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
My 3 three positives for today are:

1. I have lost 6lbs of fluid overnight

2. I am glad I have the ticket for this journey (I was told it wouldn't come until I got on the train)

3. I have the choice to make the day 'hard' or 'easy' and I have chosen 'easy':)