Listing 3 positives for the day!

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I only want to write one positive but it is such a huge one I don't need any more

Yesterday my GP who up to now has not recognised that Gordon has Alzheimers even with a diagnosis from the Mental Health Unit, has had a complete changeof heart.

He actually spent 20 minutes in the surgery yesterday trying to find ways to help me, he made all sorts of suggestions , and just was so sympathetic towards me.

I went inoriginally as he wanted to discuss the form about rate reduction which he had been sent and I expected him to refuse to sign it. He had already signed it and sent it off!!!!

This positive will keep me going for days. I now feel I have an ally not an enemy.

Jeannette

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
I didnt think I'd manage this today as I had a bit of a wobble this morning, but ...

:eek:1-Took myself off shopping and bought a new handbag with a gift card I'd forgotten I had...

:eek:2-Had Sushi for lunch

:eek:3-Got back home, it hadn't rained, and all the washing was dry

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Great Thread!

1. The 'orrible smell is the farmers spraying the fields and nothing that I have to deal with.
2. Mam had taken her tablets when I got there (OK, they were Fridays but let's not be pedantic).
3. Made Hairy Bikers Roasted Gobi with Saag Aloo for dinner.....and it's edible!

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Thanks for everyone's positives - struggling to find some myself today but will use them as inspiration and maybe be back later.

Jeanette - so pleased to read yours and hope this new style attitude from the GP continues and prospers to the benefit of you all.

CS - am going to have to look up online to see exactly what felting is - you have me intrigued about it now! However, I am not craft skilled at all, give me some knitting needles and wool and after 4 rows its too tight to get off the needles!

Celia

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Feeling a bit low tonight - hubby away, I went to mam and dad's after work and they were out (second time in a few days), daren't ring as I always seem to wake mam up, so they have no idea I was round, so feel guilty that dad will think I haven't bothered, although conversely feel a bit cross that he hardly ever rings me, and come to think about it, I can't remember the last time they dropped in to see us, it's always us that goes to see them. Although glad they still get out and about despite the difficulties.

Ooops, this is beginning to sound like three negatives, not three positives ... so ...

:) Had a good morning at work today, had a few laughs with the girls as usual.

:) Enjoyed looking round the local garden centres (cos mam and dad were out!) even though I didn't manage to get the wooden obelisk I was looking for.

:) Daughter did the washing up for me!

Hope to feel a bit better tomorrow - reading everyone's positives certainly helps a lot!

Last edited:

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Took grandson to big boy nursery and he never looked back, I picked him up at 11 and he had loved it :)

The sun came out and it has been a nice day just a bit windy I got all my washing dried,

Waiting for football to start, England play Ukraine I hope Allen doesn't talk all the way through it, he can't follow it now but keeps asking what colour England are playing in :eek:

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Three more positives
:eek: Been for a massage and feel very relaxed.
:eek: Had a lovely conversation with a good friend this afternoon.
:eek: Have just phoned the CH and heard all is well!

amicalia

Jul 9, 2011
Sussex
I do love reading everyone's positives, it's great!

1. I got paid for a huge batch of work I did in July and it's treat time for everyone here.
2. Started a bit of a clear-out of daughter's room with her and she is now old enough that she properly does her share and we work together, we got a lot done in a short time and can continue on Thursday.
3. Started a new bit of work that I thought might be tricky and it's looking easier than I thought, so one less thing to worry about.

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
1) did 6 hours gardening in the open country
2) am healthily tired
3) the dog, after a day of joy and tail-chasing and the compost heap and the coal shed and mole- hills and the stream ..... is sleeping the sleep of the just and smelling of fresh grass and fresh water and fresh air ....

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Managed to get out for a walk in the sun:)

Neighbour's daughter wanted to come in to 'play' even though I was late back from my walk.

Spent some time with my lovely neighbour and her children, she is so understanding she is a real belssing and I'm very lucky to have her so close by.:):):)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Yes I know - I saw it on the worldwide web:D Well done you. I never win anything either but then I don't enter much. I had a friend once who always won things. He was really lucky. There is no one in my family with that trait. It might be a lucky streak Deborah, keep trying. I heard you won a book too:)

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
My positives for the day are:

1. I lost another few lbs of fluid

2. I slept well

3. My friend is coming to see me this morning