Listing 3 positives for the day!

Time Traveller

Love the fox, creativesarah!

So glad you gad a good day Helen.

LOVE the bee costume Izzy! Would love to know a bit more about your assembly.

My three positives for today are:
  1. Made blackberry and banana muffins with blackberries from the garden. Delicious.:p
  2. Moving forward with the LPA and saw a solicitor today.:)
  3. Watching a great programme about WW1 (Parade's End) which I will be able to use in my teaching in Sept - also enjoying it as the wonderful Benedick Cumberbatch is in it.:)

mims

This is the best thread ever ! My 3 positives are
I have 3 wonderful children
1 wonderful grand child
And today was sunny and we laughed a lot

Thank you because sometimes we forget the best things in life ! Xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
LOVE the bee costume Izzy! Would love to know a bit more about your assembly

Thank you! The story was 'Melven the Muddled bee'! He had lots of jobs in the hive but kept messing them up. Queen bee sent him back to 'bee hive school where he worked hard and eventually got the job he wanted - beehive guard! Cut a long story short - everyone is special. We all have our different jobs but we need to work together as a team to be successful. Our school team - we're all important etc etc!

You did ask!!!!!!!!

olgab

Positive Thougts

What a great idea.Thank you. I've had a horrible week, Brian was admitted to EMI on Saturday - no positive thoughts but now I have three
1. My 7 year old grandaughter said to her Mum ' does that mean Granma can come for a sleepover?'
2. I have three wonderfully supportive children
3. Tomorrow is another day and maybe better

Time Traveller

Izzy: thanks! It sounds great. not enough inspiring and interesting assemblies around!! Our old deputy did a lovely harvest one where kids held up cards that spelled STARVE then told a story for each letter getting the kids to step forward as he used their apparently random letter and it ended up spelling HARVEST - but I cant remember how the H got in there!!

CollegeGirl

Love those buzzy bee costumes!

My positives for yesterday:

:) I spent several nice hours with my dad while mam was at the day centre and then went with him to collect her - and was reassured looking through the doors before we went in that she was absolutely fine (until she saw dad, that is).

:p Hubby cooked a delicious beef casserole for our tea - yum yum! (I did help with the washing up!)

:) Hubby and I teamed up against our 13 year old daughter for a game of Trivial Pursuit accompanied by Pringles and Maltesers. (She won, of course. We're no match for her even teamed up :eek:)

Hope to be back later with today's positives.

Helen33

1. Did my hair (major task)

2. Hoovered the whole house downstairs

3. Cooked a meal for tonight

L0ve

2jays

Feel a bit bad because I haven't tried to find positives for a while, when they are all around me and not too hard to find

1) my OH
2) our children
3) our grandchild

My OH because he is ALWAYS there for me
Our children because they are all so individual and special
Our grandchild..... Because he is our grandchild

jude50

Mine for today.

Bought my diary pages for next year and first entry was retreat to Solihull in Feb
Missed the heavy heavy shower by just getting into the house in time
best friend phoned me up to invite me out for a light bite tomorrow lunch time

I'm greedy now

Bought some blank canvases alot cheaper in TKMaxx for when I return to my art class in September. Missed half of last term because Mum was in hospital and I know she would have wanted me to get back to doing something I really enjoy.

Jude

jeany123

:) Had a shower and washed my hair while Allen was asleep the peace was lovely,

:) Went for a walk in the rain ,

:) Daughter and grandaughter came for lunch,

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
:) Had a nice outing to a garden centre where we had a cup of coffee and then a walk round the park and pond.

:) Got some of my housework done.

:) Bill wasn't well when we got back (sick) but he's feeling much better now.

Time Traveller

:) Made blackberry and citrus cordial ( which is also nice on ice cream). Yum!
:) DDs cooked tea
:) Listened to R4 today while putting my feet up and having a cup of coffee. Havent done that for ages.

ali j

3 positives

i think this is a great thing to do,
mine today are:
the carers managed without calling me this morning at 07.30
enjoyed breakkie with my fella in peace, the kids had a lie in
My mum is having a good day today:):):)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Today's positives

:) Bill and I went to church today and he really enjoyed singing the hymns. He didn't grow up a churchgoer and has never known the hymns as I do. It never ceases to amaze me how he can keep up with the words and sing heartily - even when he doesn't know the tune!

:) I ordered myself a nice pair of shoes today. They should come on Tuesday.

:) We've had some sun today!

Helen33

My positives for the day are:

1. I feel well and happy

2. I am enjoying watching Martin potter about and enjoying some 'him' time:)

3. I am having some 'me' time just being on the computer and doing a bit of cross stitch.

CollegeGirl

Mine for today:

:) Hubby cut the grass for me, which meant that I could:

:D have a nice hour pottering and planting in the garden.

:) Have arranged to meet up with my new framily tree friend for lunch and am looking forward to it.

jude50

Had a lovely lunch with my friend and a good catch up chat
Bought a nice photo frame and now am going to find a lovely photo of Mum to go in it
Was still dry when i got home so i cut the hedge so it looks so much tidier

Jude

meme

1) Ma is very ok, and annoyingly involving herself in everything..shopping / gardener (who she gives so many extra hours!) and it means she is still there somewhere

2) my hip is better, and the silly mauve walking stick I bought will be usefull on and off..damn

3) stopped myself saying too much re monkeys on backs and ludicrous chimps, peace out!

amicalia

I love reading everyone's posts on this thread every time I come here.

My partner did overtime today so that will be good when his pay comes in - in fact he's just said 9 hours at double time, which I hadn't realized
My daughter and I had some lovely chats and snuggly time together
I'm making a garlicky chilli sauce to go with dinner and hoping it will blast my horrible cold away