I need support

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
What a wonderful picture, Tina! Wonderful in that someone who suffers such extreme agitation can look so content and comfortable. That chair must be worth its weight in gold already?:)

I was reflecting on this thread earlier ... you know in all my time on TP I don’t think I have ever known one quite so diverse! But then your situation is so complex and fraught with different issues – I honestly don’t know how you are coping with it all – but to veer from the ‘gobbledy-gook’ of officialdom - to the paramount concern for Ken and yourself – the slip into occasional ‘banter’ mode to keep spirits up .... the diversity of posters and some wonderful input and such support in different ways ...... really has been TP at its best?:)

Anyways, I can’t get hold of you, so thought I would post here. I am not sure what ‘next steps’ are for me – and I am missing you bossing me about!:p:D

Much love, Kaz, x

PS: Jimbo – thanks for that from me and my already sky-high blood pressure! It was a common ‘cry’ I heard on the streets about the salaries some decision makers in the council are ‘commanding’ when they are so out of touch with the people’s lives they were elected to serve ..... Tina has never mentioned the dear lady at the public meeting who's comments I certainly will never forget .... but in case she is following this thread ... I will tell you about it by PM! ;)

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I haven't been able to use my 'compose' mail on my e mails. The computer freezes on me when I try to type in the main body of the e mail!!

There is a lovely letter on the letter's page of my local newspaper today saying what a good public meeting we had. I know that the MP's for Bolton areas who were present backed us up and signed the petition. I hope that the opposition parties took on board the opinions of the audience. I doubt very much that the ruling council party leader took one iota of notice of any one's opinions.

I also think that the decision we are waiting for was made a long time ago. All I can hope is that we have made life very uncomfortable for local politicians and that they will think about their own individual re-elections to come! Just before I started and during our petition to keep our care homes open, a group of people fought very hard to keep all our local branch libraries open.

Until they and myself started to make such a public fuss, Councillors and LA managers only paid lipservice to offering any kind of public consultation. The Council's public consultation comprised of deciding, then having a three week consultation with the Unions involved and sending out a tick box survey to a closely vetted group of stakeholders. That was it!!

They managed to close a wonderful facilitiy two years ago without anyone knowing about it until after the deed had been done! They now find it impossible not to take some notice of public opinion now we have made ourselves be heard.

Apart from my meeting the leaders of the three parties, passing on the opinions of thousands of local people again, and passing on the important information from JPG and Jimbo, I'm not sure what more we can do until the review is decided on and we know what the decision will be.

Any suggestions?

TinaT

xxTinaT

Last edited:

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Tina – it’s the question I have been asking elsewhere today. Just what if? Just what if you have already done enough to turn the review into a success, to see a commitment to these homes to continue as the high quality care homes they are, let alone any threats to their immediate or longer-term future ....? (I am not normally known for my optimism but having witnessed all you have achieved so far ...... !!!!;))

Is anything done between now and end of this month likely to be fruitful?

Will the results of the review become publicly available immediately? Or – were you promised in your original notification as ‘relative of a resident’ to be informed of its recommendations/decisions immediately after its conclusion?

Much as I would love to witness you ‘tackle’ a Full Council Meeting;) ... and I have every confidence in you to turn around an adverse ‘vote’ if necessary, I have everything crossed you have done enough already to make that unnecessary? Or am I pipe-dreaming?:rolleyes:

Time to think of the possible outcomes and rally energy for a possible whirlwind early October only IF it becomes necessary should the outcome of the review not be as hoped?????

Love, Kaz, x

Link: http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/comment/yourview/9232685.Care_homes_meeting_was_excellent/

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
---------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------

Any suggestions?

TinaT

xxTinaT

Yes Tina
Try and relax Take a rest from the worries you have been facing in recent weeks
But before you do , as no one else seems to want to, will you please tell me what
a 'frilled sissy shirt' is ???
or should I stop getting excited ???
Take care and relax ( have a go in Ken's chair. makes you feel reaxed just
looking at it)
God Bless
jimbo 111

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Tina,

There will be no suggestions coming your way until you have had at least a week's relaxation. Morning, noon and nighttime too, with visits to Ken allowed, and lots of treats all round.

Tinker Face has hinted that you have been bossing her about. I doubt that - but ... if TF's not telling porkies, it must be TF's time to boss you about. So do as you're told, Tina!

Stick this up on your computer - sit in a comfy chair, watch it through first time round, to see the pics, then put it on replay, sit back in a comfy chair, eyes closed and .... relax!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR3dM-GlZK8

Then play it again - and do nothing apart from relax.

Or you could try Lang Lang - http://www.youtube.com/user/langlang

But before you do , as no one else seems to want to, will you please tell me what
a 'frilled sissy shirt' is ???
or should I stop getting excited ???

Jimbo, you should stop getting excited. I think your spelling may be up the creek, or you may need your eyes testing, because I think it could have been a 'skirt' - not a 'shirt'. In which case, it might have looked something like this:

http://www.sissy-dream-girl-fashions.co.uk/sissy-satin-frilled-skirt-485-p.asp

Time for you to relax too, Jimbo!!

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
That was sooo wonderful JPG - quite honestly I wouldn't have believed the relaxing effect that the clouds and the music Barbados holiday reduced.jpg had on me, just wonderful.

I've put a picture on this post of a snap I took on holiday a couple of years ago which reminds me of how relaxed I was when I took it.

xxTinaT

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Glad you enjoyed it!

We haven't heard from Jimbo yet, so hopefully he's also relaxing! :cool:

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
No doubt Tina DOES boss me about when she’s in full flow :) ... and she will admit it - and guess what? I LOVE it!!!!!!! :D

The best mentor I have known since ....... or ... ... or ...... or maybe ever?

God bless you, Tina ........

Kaz, x

PS: Don’t want to be premature arranging the victory party – but maybe we should keep an eye on having sissy stuff and coach tickets ordered just in case??????;)
Wonderful links, JPG1 .... just loved them .....

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Glad you enjoyed it!

We haven't heard from Jimbo yet, so hopefully he's also relaxing! :cool:

Tina
with your permission I will digress again
A good tip Never sit with a mug of tea in one hand and your laptop on your knee
The reason for my delay is I have spent the last 15 minutes trying to wipe tea off the screen of my computer
JPG1 you could have given me a warning of what I was about to see
It looked to me as if her 'bloomers' were falling down (do you call them bloomers in ther North (brogs ,kegs , pants , knickers what ever)
Where was I when that fashion was around ? I can;t remember it
Are you sure you've got it right JPG
I can't imagine the said lady wearing those when she appeared to be so enamoured with the 'mini'
But I don't know much about fashion I still wear bellbottoms and kipper ties ;
pointed toe shoes , a white handkerchief in my jacket pocket
mind you I have a job now to get Brylcream
How about it sassie lady

jimbo 111

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
OK CALM DOWN JIMBO ! you had it right the first time ...it was a shirt , a very modest garment , with lace frills down the front and a little black dicky bow , ....looked wonderfull with the mini skirt and white boots ,...... but that was many moons ago !now you would never see me in , jp`s sissy skirt !not the same thing attall ! now better get back to the serious stuff !!! ya gonna get me BANNED !

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
You've all lost me again!! Can someone bring me up to date? I have no idea how but sometimes this thread is a completely mystery for me. :D:D

xxTinaT

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Tina, sweetheart, worry ye not .....;)

Angi Babe is firmly in charge of your social diary for the next couple of weeks ...... while you can’t read or respond to your emails – some of us are busy plotting how to show you to RELAX!!!!!!:D

Tee hee,
Love, Kaz, x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Darned!!! Stop copying her in!!!!!!!! :D:D:D How dare you say that about her .....:p

What platform was that? :rolleyes:

No - it's not on Tuesday ..... sssshhhhhhhhhhh....... :D:D:D

Kaz, x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Tina , Sorry :( have " Lost The Plot " ( slightly ) in your fight to Save The Home due to not been on T P for half the Week due to working ! ...... Saw " you & Ken " on the Local News tho :) via the "Link " on T P & also read your local News Paper

You have all worked very hard Tina in all your efforts to get this far,have to admit tho do not understand any of the " Poltics Post "/ advice that others have Posted on here ..... Jimbo & Kaz etc . How ever am pleased for you Tina as it has made the Council think again & from what have read has it made them a bit :eek::eek: ? Postive Vibes for the Speech you are going to do at the Town Hall or has it been on gone ?

The Photo of Ken was nice to see & the chair looks good :)

Hope you are both well & Take Care

Love Grove x x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandzz