Wheee! Highlight of the day

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Today son No 2 came with our 11 year old granddaughter.
She made such a fuss of Nany and myself,big hugs and kisses.
She talked to Nany and acted as she didn't notice anything wrong with her,although Nany has deteriorated since Livy saw her last.
My wife asked her when will you come again,please come soon.
I am sure who it was that said Grand children are therapeutic was right.
It certainly did Peg good .
Norman

PS.It made me feel better too!!

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Norman,
She talked to Nany and acted as she didn't notice anything wrong
She loves her nany and grandad, 'warts and all' so to speak. Nany is nany, and if she repeats herself or says or does daft things,well that's just how she is - doesn't stop the love.
Pleased you have had a good day.
Love Helen

Geoff

Jun 5, 2004
first "cuddle" of grandson

My mum has had alzheimers since the age of 52 and is now 8 years down the line.Very seldom is there any sign of "life" when looking into her eyes, but a few weeks ago I took my new son, my mum's first grandchild, up to meet her. She was sitting in her chair almost motionless until I set Ben on her knee. she came "back" for a minute, put her arms around him, bounced him on her lap and made cooing noises !!! It was a GREAT moment. We all sat in amazement and were filled with delight. It was great to share that moment with my mum and son.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Oh Geoff, that is so wonderful - love conquers everything, even dementia at times!
Helen

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hello geoff

congrats on your new son, how lovely and what a lovely story to tell thanks for sharing
take care x

plastic scouser

Sep 22, 2006
Hale Village, Liverpool
Congratulations Geoff

And thanks for nearly making me run out of the office with tears streaming down my face..!!!:)

In a similar position that Dad knows very little about what's going on but when he sees my 4yr old son he's instantly transported back to the person he was - sits him on his knee and starts drawing pictures for him...

Having just lost my Father-in-Law I'm so conscious that every moment and memory is so precious and I want to ensure that Dad gets as much opportunity as possible to spend with the grandchildren.

suze

Oct 12, 2006
Sussex
Is this my wife/husband?

Jude said:
Dear All,

My father was doing one of his 'is this really my wife?' routines yesterday and I produced documentary evidence in the way of wedding day photos. I also told them that they had been married for 63 years this November.

My mother looked at my father and said 'Well, we could always get a divorce if you're not happy'. My father replied, 'Not likely, I'm not having anyone steal you away from me now!'.

Jude

Hi Jude

That made me smile but I was interested to read that your Dad doesn't always know who your Mum is. My Mum has Alzheimers and the most distressing thing is that she often doesn't know who Dad is. I have put a photo of them and another of them, myself and brother on their 50 th wedding anniv (7 years ago), but she does not seem to realise that he is her husband. If she does, she asks where he has been up til now. Sometimes she asks me 'where the other one' is, or 'where is our real Dad'? Is this common then?
Suze

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Suze,
In one word 'Yes'. The thing with photographs is that they often cannot understand that it is them on the photo either; or if they do they cannot make the mental jump ' well that must be my husband'.
Love Helen

suze

Oct 12, 2006
Sussex
not recognising husband

Thanks Helen. I am not sure I would say that is reassuring, but at least we are not alone. Has anyone come up with any good tips?
Suze

pembie

Mar 4, 2006
South Wales
Million Memories

Hi everyone,

I found this wonderful thread today and was particularly taken with the lovely picture of Gemini's puppy in post #60 (two years ago).

I've just been browsing www.millionmemories.co.uk and am planning (with my son's help) to add a memory & a picture. The site is well short of even a thousand memories.

I guess many TP members could boost that figure. The puppy would make a good addition - if he's not already there.

Tricia

PS. If this is not a suitable place for this post, will someone please move it for me?

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Best christmas ever.

Just had to share with you my lovely Christmas day. I spent the whole day at the care home with Lionel. He was animated, confused, worried....you name it, we had it. However, he was able to be socially active, and kept saying to me:
"You are here, its my best christmas ever"

So he has forgotten all the past lovely times, and he did not realise that I was unable to see my family, but now is his memory, and for now he is happy.
Will post pic's soon. Love,

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Connie
Thats so nice..............i'm really glad you both enjoyed your christmas day........they are moments to be cherished........i hope you have many, many more.

Love Alex x

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi connie

so pleased that you had these moments and am really looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Take care and have a great week.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Connie, So pleased you had a good day with Lionel. He may have forgotten all your lovely past Christmasses, but they are there somewhere, deep inside, contributing to the total of Lionel.
There will be times for you to see your family at Christmas.
With love Sylvia x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Christmas day 2006

Lionel & Connie christmas day lunch.

Attachments

• 100_0415.jpg
    100_0415.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 512

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Smilers

Lovely photograph Connie, I presume you had a lovely time.
I went to Ron's N.H Christmas Party and took some pictures on my new phone but I haven't learnt how to download them yet. There are also some of Ollie[our Shih Tzu] in his Santa Outfit delivering presents. Happy New Year to you Both

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Yes what a lovely photo :) connie

mocha Do you have the lead that connects to your computer to mobile? I am trying to work out how to do that , think I have to get a memory card for mobile , you can text email them to yourself , but I can’t seem to save them on to my lap top when I do that

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Margarita, I have got a lead but I just don't seem to have had the time to sit with it and read the booklet. I did try to send some photo's to my friend's phone and that didn't work. I had £11 on my old phone so I have been using that for calls.
New Year's resolution to try and sort it out. I don't like being beaten..

Loulee

Jan 9, 2007
Suffolk
My Nan wandering round at night

Hi

I am not sure if this is the right thread but please can you help.

My nan is 92 and suffers from dementia and I have been looking after her for around a year now.

Recently her condition has deteriorated and I have been finding it really hard to cope. I look after her by day but at night she wanders round the house turning taps and heating up etc.

She is on Zopiclone and this is not working and she is active all night and I regularly put her back to bed only to have her confused and wandering again.

I would really appreciate you or members help re this.

Many thanks

Loulee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch