Wheee! Highlight of the day

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Margarita & Áine; So pleased for you.

My highlight is that at last we have an appointment for Mum's assessment at the memory clinic, 31st May. This seems to have taken so long to achieve, & I chased up the GP's secretary to ask if she would check if the referral had been sent. (She wasn't pleased!)

I haven't told Mum yet, as she will just worry about it and get really anxious. :eek:
As it is, she's in a constant state of anxiety because my brother & his wife are visiting in early June (from Australia), so she's fussing all the time about what we have or haven't done in preparation. But at least that's anxiety with a happy reason.
The appointment is 2 days before they arrive, so when they get here she will probably forget she went anyway.

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
That's great Lynne, I hope you have a productive doctors appointment and a great visit with your brother and SIL.
Debbie

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
In the last 24 hours we have tidied front lawn which has had a massive bag of builders sand sitting on it for 5 months; kitchen has been plastered and new kitchen fitted next week (also been without kitchen for 5 months); husband has stripped one wall of lounge ready for builders to fill air vents from old heating system; and we have put together dreaded build it yourself wardrobe. And
tonight I am going with a friend to see the film that I planned to see last week- as it doesn't start till 21.10 just hope I stay awake!!
Amy

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Amy drink a tin of red ball what the Film Called?

Lynne Look like every thing falling in to place great news

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
Lynne said:
My highlight is that at last we have an appointment for Mum's assessment at the memory clinic, 31st May. This seems to have taken so long to achieve, & I chased up the GP's secretary to ask if she would check if the referral had been sent. (She wasn't pleased!).

that's good news Lynne. I remember it feeling like forever before dad's appointment came through. Hope it's useful. I wouldn't worry about whether the GPs secretary was pleased or not ..... if she wasn't happy it's far more likely to be about a generally difficult situation in the practice or the health service as a whole than a personal issue about your or your mum. Time to go off and celebrate :D

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Having a carer coming in to wash mum in the morning there past few day ,was hard to get use to ,but am feel so more up lifted & positive towards mum & life

jakky

Jan 30, 2006
Staffs
Visited my mum last night, tea-time ish. Dad was there and had been for about an hour. I walked into the main lounge to see mum and dad sitting happily together having a piece of cake, while a young lady of "100" :cool: was celebrating her birthday. The staff had put on quite a spread, (looked delicious). Dad said that mum had already been dancing with the music, and had two pieces of cake. :) :)

take care

jakky

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Spoke to mum when I got in from work. We had quite a laugh and although she couldn't remember what she'd had for her tea an hour before, she did remember something I'd told her last week! :) Also received feedback on my penultimate essay for my OU course, it was 'excellent' according to my tutor - no mark given because he's on strike, but I feel chuffed to bits!:)

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
A normal day - if any day is normal anymore.

I visited Jan and, as usual, talked endlessly to her, expecting that nothing was being taken in, as she was laid out on the floor, or was trying to get to her knees.

Then...

To add some variety [mostly for me] I said "your Bruce is here with you"

Jan said "I know"

Later she beamed a huge smile at me.

May not seem like a lot, but it is.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
To be known- what joy! (But maybe also what pain)
Thanks for sharing that Bruce.
Love Amy

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
good day Thursday

Went to early social evening organised by carers centre. Male Artist singing and Ron joined in with the songs remembering the words when He finds it hard to put 2 words together at home.""Then we got up to dance"" What a wonderful feeling. Roll on the next one next month!!!!!!!

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
New family member

hi to all
I don't think I wrote in here when I was a regular.Three weeks ago today my neice gave birth to her second daughter. I was in to visit about an hour after her birth and priviledged to have the first very special cuddle with new born. The first daughter was called Athene and the baby is to be called Lydia.
Athene is now 2 1/2 and a very beautiful but demanding young lady. She knows her own mind and has the actions and temperament of a drama queen.Sure the stage is made for her!
Lydia is easily satisfied as she just wants food all the time.Exhausting for mum but she is doing OK with family around to give loads of help and support where needed.
The little ones are a light in the darkness.
Take care all
snuffyuk

kaz3565

Jun 15, 2006
scotland
4 year old!!!

My 4 year old made me laugh last night, she said...

You are the best mum in the world
Me
aww thats a lovely thing to say
4 year old
want to know why?
me
yes honey
4 year old
because you've got a purple hoover!!!!

still laughing yet

Karen

Dave W

Jul 3, 2005
Bucks
There's life in the old girl yet

AFter careering across Buckinghamshire having worked till 7.30 and feeling guilty at not having been able to get to see Mum for a week ... the staff had decided that as most of the residents wanted to watch the World Cup, they'd make a party of it. England flags a go-go, ST George's cross hats, and those that fancied it had had a glass or two of wine with their supper. Expecting a traditional rocketing for not having been 'for years' (she has no grasp of time at all now), we were greeted with a smiling, jolly and noticeably drunk mother.

How long does the World Cup go on for? :)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Day at the seaside

Managed to get Lionel down to the beach hut today.
Military operation, completed the check list........wheelchair, extra sweater, radar key, urine bottle, lap tray etc..

All went well, Lionel managed everything except one transfer from beach chair back to wheelchair......ended up sitting on promenade, but a passing gentleman helped us.

One very tired, very contented man tucked up in bed tonight.........am hoping this will just be the first of many such days.

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Hubby's birthday

It is hubby's birthday today, and last night I was quite sad to think that for the first time I am almost at a loss as to how we can make it special, as his understanding of events is so limited now.
But tonight I feel happy and moved, as I am convinced he did realise that everyone was making a special fuss of him, and although much of it 'went over his head', the card he enjoyed most was from his favourite carer: very colourful, with flashing lights and a whacky recording of 'happy birthday'!