It's going to be a long winter

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Um, I think that might be what contributed ti the grey colour, and the stuff I ate was gritty too...........

As my mum used to say - you have to eat a peck of dirt before you die

Is that what they call roughage.

I must be in a better mood this week as C woke me up about 5 this morning to tell me I was cold. The funny thing was I actually felt quite warm and snug, but sweet of her in a funny way I just assured her I was fine, and went back to sleep. :D

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
C's daughter has a new car, so I thought she would be ok for the trip to Clevedon on Christmas eve, but no she can't handle motorways and she is nervous of her new car after using the old one as an excuse not to visit and help. That means driving the long way round, or she won't come. C is having one of her happy at breakfast , too tired to go out at lunch time phases, so not sure how that will pan out. She would miss out by not having lunch at her favourite restaurant with her daughter. So, we'll have to go.
If I'm too stressed, would say drunk but that's no help, by the time we get home to be any use to anyone I apologise in advance.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Hope it pans out, a family I know decided to have a family Christmas in summer on the beach to save a trip from Scotland, they had a fantastic time. Later they struggled to meet up for the normal one full of hassle!

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
I had my Christmas last week, when all my family turned up for my lovely birthday - not seeing anyone on 25th - but, what the heck, it will be wonderful if he is not rushed to hospital sometime between 24th - 29th as he has for the last 3 years!!:p:p

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry things are not going to plan Rob. I hope you can manage the next week or so with not too much stresss and things work out as well as they can for you.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I had my Christmas last week, when all my family turned up for my lovely birthday - not seeing anyone on 25th - but, what the heck, it will be wonderful if he is not rushed to hospital sometime between 24th - 29th as he has for the last 3 years!!:p:p

I'll keep fingers crossed for a quiet week for you this year, Mary. At least you had a decent birthday meal, I hope.
Thank you Izzy and Cat27, hopefully it won't be as bad as it looks, but with recent developments, Dementia, Christel's history and her family I am always on edge and the latest changes to the plan have certainly done that.

Last edited:

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
He seems a lot more confused and forgetful at the moment, has forgotten how to log on to his emails- and wanting to ask companies to send him £1000 for his brilliant idea to save them money (?!?) really, really sad.
I wondered about UTI but he will not go to the doctor - so just have to wait and see... did someone say this 'middle' sort of stage is the hardest? dunno

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
The Practice Nurse has been in, BP and temperature and suchlike are ok so she thinks it may be down to vessel damage from the stroke, if there is no sign of a UTI which was the case last time this happened. That is a new development I wasn't aware of. We'll get a sample in anyway.
Do you think that may be the cause of your OH's problem @maryjoan, sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Well, that has been an eventful yuletide season, thank goodness it's over. We've had a few good lunches and little memory café or carers get togethers, we had a visit to C's son yesterday and that went well.
She's' managed to fight off a UTI, not sure why the doc gave 3 days of antibiotics and said I should phone in 5 days for results to confirm they were the right ones. :rolleyes: Ach well, everyone said how well C looked on the photo I posted on facebook, so nthing to worry about. Being a carer we always do though, don't we. We finally had the hurricane of her daughter at the Chinese restaurant, no photos though as it always gets too hectic when she is around. So much for posting the advice not to overstimulate, obviously disnea read as well as never listens.
Anyway, it's been a good couple of weeks and now we have a quiet vegetarian lunch tomorrow and springtime to look forward to.
All the best for tomorrow to everyone reading.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Enjoy your lunch. Yes, quiet routines are what many hope Santa will bring us all! X

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks Alice, hope your day is a good quiet one.
BBC 4 last night had 2 hours of slow moving reindeer with only a few words from the herders and a bit of their singing, but no commentary or muzak. C loved it, and it was so relaxing.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
There's a pearl in her urine. It's a very expensive one which will solve all our financial problems and make us millionaires. It was in her overnight pad, but for some reason I couldn't see it. I'm exhausted, woken up at 6.30 and didn't get back to sleep, so just stared disbelievingly.
Physio is coming later and I'm off to the Red Cross to rent a wheelchair, though I doubt C will actually use it. She took 15 minutes to walk 150 yards to the opticians on Saturday, and I had to take her zimmer t the pub lunch on Wednesday or she would never have walked the 50 yards from the nearest parking space.
Sorry, just rambling as usual. It's been one of these hard weeks thankfully relieved by a walk in the park on Tuesday and a good chat with my friend at the ramblers yesterday. So, just the usual ups and downs of caring and dementia I hear you say.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
a pearl of great price @nae sporran that's a new one
I really hope C will take to the wheelchair - is it OK to disguise it with a favourite throw or comfy looking blanket so when she sees it, it looks more like a regular chair, and then wrap her in the throw/blanket to keep warm?
keep on rambling, in every way

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
a pearl of great price @nae sporran that's a new one
I really hope C will take to the wheelchair - is it OK to disguise it with a favourite throw or comfy looking blanket so when she sees it, it looks more like a regular chair, and then wrap her in the throw/blanket to keep warm?
keep on rambling, in every way
Thanks Shedrech, I will try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch