Grumpy OH

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Life is sh..e.
Off to the hospital for his pre op and meeting with anaesthetist.
My handbag is full of Incontinence pants, wipes, tissues, loperamide, plastic bags.... no perfume or lipstick for me.
Even my handbag has been taken over.
Oh, of course, I do have my purse so I can pay the extortionate car parking fees.
Think I’m feeling a little cynical and hard done by this morning.
You have to laugh, or ....
Sorry I’m such a misery xx
Noooo not a misery...we are off the stroke consultant this afternoon for some more hypnotherapy...he is just the nicest man and that makes it a bit easier...trouble is himself goes in full of denial there’s nowt with me don’t know why I’m here...Hey Ho here we go again ...hope all goes well for you ,do take care and again your Not a misery “Hugs”. A x

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Yes! I too have decided there are limits to how nice I am prepared to be. I also have a fear of somehow losing my personality, which is pretty bolshie on the whole, if I suppress my normal reactions too successfully. My mother was at the beck and call of my father, and ended up being someone who just said "That's nice, Dear" for about fifty years. (No dementia, he was just a pain in the neck, a petty tyrant.). I don't want to end up a zombie.

Absolutely not bolshie we have to somehow keep our identity as hard as that is....we’ve been married 57 years and you know what I think your mum and I came out of the same mould ...having said that it was a different age all those years ago it’s what we did.o_O....but I brought up my girls to be independent and not rely on any man thankfully they are all good.:):) Do take care “Hugs” A x

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
I hope the hypnotherapy goes well...
My OH admits dementia, then in same breath denies it... we go round in circles. Not sure how to get off this merry go round...
I WILL brighten up in a minute... promise xx
Take care @Starbright xx

longlostfan

Aug 14, 2016
Hi @ everyone.
Haven’t posted for a bit, cos I feel that the brown stuff is constantly hitting the whirry thing on the ceiling.
Still haven’t given my OH the Lorazepam but think the time is coming.......
My daughter is taking him to the daycare centre tomorrow for a bit just to see if he will like it. She’s very nervous about it - I visited with her last week and everyone seems very nice, but there’s a good possibility he will see it as something he doesn’t want to do.
Am trying to stay positive. Wish my labrynthitis would go, but it seems to want to hang around and join the AD in the house.
Love to you all xx

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Hi @ everyone.
Haven’t posted for a bit, cos I feel that the brown stuff is constantly hitting the whirry thing on the ceiling.
My daughter is taking him to the daycare centre tomorrow for a bit just to see if he will like it. She’s very nervous about it - I visited with her last week and everyone seems very nice, but there’s a good possibility he will see it as something he doesn’t want to do.
Am trying to stay positive. Wish my labrynthitis would go, but it seems to want to hang around and join the AD in the house.
Love to you all xx
Labyrinthitis is HORRIBLE! Gosh I hope it goes soon! Big huge hugs. xxxxxx

longlostfan

Aug 14, 2016
Labyrinthitis is HORRIBLE! Gosh I hope it goes soon! Big huge hugs. xxxxxx
Thanks - yes it’s awful. Have appt with balance clinic to assess whether the damage is permanent or not. Finding it hard to cope so thanks for the hugs xxxx

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Thanks - yes it’s awful. Have appt with balance clinic to assess whether the damage is permanent or not. Finding it hard to cope so thanks for the hugs xxxx
Is it your first bout? I’ve only ever had BPPV and that was bad enough but eventually it settled and I’ve learned how to cope but it’s still terribly distressing plus the nausea. I feel for you very much. Was it a virus do you know? Or the good old stress we are under???

Tinas7

Jun 5, 2018
Oh Mia

That sounds like a dream, villa, pool, jacuzzi as well??? We have never made it to Florida lots of other parts of the USA I only wish we had made it there. I could never get a grip of the road system over there. Hubby always did the driving as my nerves took over .
You sound like you have had a wonderful life together travelling and cruising twice a year.
You must have wonderful memories together before Js illness took hold.

Did you never feel like you just wanted to stay there with J and your daughter never to come back

God bless xx

Last edited by a moderator:

longlostfan

Aug 14, 2016
Is it your first bout? I’ve only ever had BPPV and that was bad enough but eventually it settled and I’ve learned how to cope but it’s still terribly distressing plus the nausea. I feel for you very much. Was it a virus do you know? Or the good old stress we are under???
Hi, yes I had the initial vertigo and nausea bad attack in April and had to call an ambulance. I’m left with bad imbalance - feels like I’m drunk the whole time (if only lol) and because I’m not really walking naturally I seem to have developed pain in my left hip almost like arthritis. I presume it was viral but the stress certainly hasn’t helped. BBPV is hideous too isn’t it, from what I can see from the forums I’m on dealing with labs etc. Just what we need (not) xx

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Hi, yes I had the initial vertigo and nausea bad attack in April and had to call an ambulance. I’m left with bad imbalance - feels like I’m drunk the whole time (if only lol) and because I’m not really walking naturally I seem to have developed pain in my left hip almost like arthritis. I presume it was viral but the stress certainly hasn’t helped. BBPV is hideous too isn’t it, from what I can see from the forums I’m on dealing with labs etc. Just what we need (not) xx
Thanks so much for telling me. The imbalance sounds frightful. I was going to say to you what you’ve just said: All we needed!

I can’t really find words of comfort except to say that my initial bout was by far the worst. That was fourteen years ago. I think stress can be a huge factor with vestibular problems.

And not to go on about it but the BPPV has become, over that time, part of life’s rich tapestry (note sarcasm) I.e. something I don’t have to think about all the time. I can’t put my head too far back in the dentist’s chair (or any other chair, for that matter) or it sets me off ... things like that, only. The balance issues took a long long time to settle. Mine weren’t nearly as bad as yours (yes, wouldn’t it be fun to get drunk!) in the first place but nevertheless I mention this in the hope you will be able to feel some optimism amidst all the ghastliness.

I get nauseous though even just thinking about the dizziness so I’d better stop! Sending you many, many hugs, and I hope just a bit of reassurance as well. C. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018
Hi @ everyone.
Love to you all xx
I loved your description of of how you feel. I know that feeling very well. I’m so tired of wiping it off my face!

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018
Oh Mia

That sounds like a dream, villa, pool, jacuzzi as well??? We have never made it to Florida lots of other parts of the USA I only wish we had made it there. I could never get a grip of the road system over there. Hubby always did the driving as my nerves took over .
You sound like you have had a wonderful life together travelling and cruising twice a year.
You must have wonderful memories together before Js illness took hold.

Did you never feel like you just wanted to stay there with J and your daughter never to come back

God bless xx
So, here’s a brag to make everyone feel really pouty. I am going to Florida Wednesday. Staying until Saturday with a bunch of girls/old ladies, two of which are my very best friends. Never been on just a girls trips. Always had kids with me. We went last year. OH, and my grown kids and their little ones. Will enjoy being alone afte the year I’ve lived through. I told OH. I am not telling the SS (his daughters, saracistically known as the Sweet Sisters.) Sorry to make you jealous but I just had to share. I even thought this morning, I don’t care that the destination is Florida. I don’t care that my best friends are going. All I want is to leave town.

Tinas7

Jun 5, 2018
So, here’s a brag to make everyone feel really pouty. I am going to Florida Wednesday. Staying until Saturday with a bunch of girls/old ladies, two of which are my very best friends. Never been on just a girls trips. Always had kids with me. We went last year. OH, and my grown kids and their little ones. Will enjoy being alone afte the year I’ve lived through. I told OH. I am not telling the SS (his daughters, saracistically known as the Sweet Sisters.) Sorry to make you jealous but I just had to share. I even thought this morning, I don’t care that the destination is Florida. I don’t care that my best friends are going. All I want is to leave town.

Wow Imsoblue Florida sounds amazing. Are you going to attend all of the fun parks that you hear about, I love all the adverts for Eurodisney I can only imagine bigger in the USA. I would loved having a pool and jacuzzi just outside. I imagine the shopping will be fantastic. I do miss shopping for myself.
I don’t suppose we will ever get to Florida now.
We where at the hospital on Tuesday early hours as hubby had a fall during the night. 7 hours in A&E it was a long haul especially when he is turning the air blue at times when the pain was really bad. After all of this it turned out he has broken his wrist. I cannot fault the staff and am so grateful to each and everyone of them. So understanding as soon as the paramedics arrived I informed them of his condition they where amazing. Such understanding and patience. But as they said they see it a lot. Now we have a cast and a knitting needle at the ready when there’s an itch.

Take care everyone.

God bless xx

Maryland

Mar 30, 2015
North East UK
Hi beads - I haven’t been on here for months but seem as though I have had a bad day with my OH and I felt as though I needed to talk to someone else in my situation, he has terrible OCD and it seems as though it is getting worse. Our son and four grandchildren live in the States and we try to go two or three times a year,. We are booked to go again for Halloween and. Was just thinking can I make it but after reading your post then yes I must make the effort. He is very disorientated for a few days and as you said he can never find the toilet but the kids are good and understand and sometimes may a joke of it but if we didn’t go we would misss the grandkids, we have found a direct flight to the States from Manchester and Venezuela if it is a two hour taxi drive to the airport it is worth it, thank you for your comments it has helped me make my mind up plus I get support when I am ov r there, he is the same won’t have support or help but as long as we st off early we are fine, sorry for rambling on - it is good to talk after a bad day. X

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi all not posted for a few days. Yesterday morning I got the dreaded phone call that my SIL had passed away . She had been told that she had cancer however because of the dementia she had forgotten which in one respect was good . She thought she was in hospital because of tummy trouble. OH was fine when I told him. Its so sad .So many with dementia actually don’t die of this there is always some other underlying illness . At least her family haven’t had to watch her slowly disappear over the years . At least she is at peace now.
@margherita how are you hows things . xx
@MIA56 hope you are well xx
@Rosebush how’s things. How is your granddaughter.xx
@longlostfan hope you are well , has the dizziness gone yet.xx
To all of you carers hope you well & look after yourselves. Axxx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi all not posted for a few days. Yesterday morning I got the dreaded phone call that my SIL had passed away . She had been told that she had cancer however because of the dementia she had forgotten which in one respect was good . She thought she was in hospital because of tummy trouble. OH was fine when I told him. Its so sad .So many with dementia actually don’t die of this there is always some other underlying illness . At least her family haven’t had to watch her slowly disappear over the years . At least she is at peace now.
@margherita how are you hows things . xx
@MIA56 hope you are well xx
@Rosebush how’s things. How is your granddaughter.xx
@longlostfan hope you are well , has the dizziness gone yet.xx
To all of you carers hope you well & look after yourselves. Axxx
hi Beads thank you, she is ok at the moment and hopefully will be home on Tuesday. Things are really quiet at the moment OH has been quite calm just the odd mood. We've had a lovely weekend so far, daughter came round yesterday with our granddaughter (also 15) and grandson (14) granddaughter made chocolate cupcakes to keep OH occupied while my daughter and I tried to sort out the paper work that has been neglected for quite a while. She has taken it all home to sort out where she can do it in peace. Will be going round later as grandson has made flapjacks. Sorry to hear about your SIL. Take care Lx

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018
Wow Imsoblue Florida sounds amazing. Are you going to attend all of the fun parks that you hear about, I love all the adverts for Eurodisney I can only imagine bigger in the USA. I would loved having a pool and jacuzzi just outside. I imagine the shopping will be fantastic. I do miss shopping for myself.
I don’t suppose we will ever get to Florida now.
We where at the hospital on Tuesday early hours as hubby had a fall during the night. 7 hours in A&E it was a long haul especially when he is turning the air blue at times when the pain was really bad. After all of this it turned out he has broken his wrist. I cannot fault the staff and am so grateful to each and everyone of them. So understanding as soon as the paramedics arrived I informed them of his condition they where amazing. Such understanding and patience. But as they said they see it a lot. Now we have a cast and a knitting needle at the ready when there’s an itch.

Take care everyone.

God bless xx
I am back. I was one of 5 women enjoying 4 nights out of town. What a great time. We walked on the beach, swam in the ocean/Gulf of Mexico, ate at restaurants, shopped, read novels, and worked a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. Take a break, carers, it's much needed.
DisneyWorld will be another trip with my grandkids. I brought my own kids years ago!
I know exactly how you feel about scratching plans off your list. And, I am sad for OH for his situation.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
I am back. I was one of 5 women enjoying 4 nights out of town. What a great time. We walked on the beach, swam in the ocean/Gulf of Mexico, ate at restaurants, shopped, read novels, and worked a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. Take a break, carers, it's much needed.
So glad you had a wonderful time.
I'm longing for a holiday on my own.
Anywhere, provided OH is not with me.

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi beads - I haven’t been on here for months but seem as though I have had a bad day with my OH and I felt as though I needed to talk to someone else in my situation, he has terrible OCD and it seems as though it is getting worse. Our son and four grandchildren live in the States and we try to go two or three times a year,. We are booked to go again for Halloween and. Was just thinking can I make it but after reading your post then yes I must make the effort. He is very disorientated for a few days and as you said he can never find the toilet but the kids are good and understand and sometimes may a joke of it but if we didn’t go we would misss the grandkids, we have found a direct flight to the States from Manchester and Venezuela if it is a two hour taxi drive to the airport it is worth it, thank you for your comments it has helped me make my mind up plus I get support when I am ov r there, he is the same won’t have support or help but as long as we st off early we are fine, sorry for rambling on - it is good to talk after a bad day. X
Hi @Maryland I’m glad my post helped you . It’s not easy by any means but family did help a lot. I hope you have a safe journey & your OH is ok. I know they are really stubborn my OH wont have support of any kind. So I won’t take him by air travel he wouldn’t cope with the walking & hanging around airport. His mobility is very limited. What stage is your OH at. I hope you are having a better day today. It’s great to have something to look forward too I hope you have an amazing time with your family . Keep in touch . Axx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5