Maybe this is it.

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
I wanted to add my condolences to you Slugsta. You have been so incredibly strong. I hope you have some time to rest up and recharge your own batteries you must be exhausted. X

mjw1304

Oct 9, 2017
Sending you a big hug. Take lots of time now to mourn the mum you lost many years ago due to this dreadful disease as well as the mum she became, as although two totally different people, you loved them both xxxxx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
We have seen the Funeral Director today and have an appointment with the registrar on Friday. I am lucky in that Mum's flat was emptied and returned to the Housing Association when she went into the CH, so there are just a few clothes and some knick-knacks to deal with now.

It feels rather strange at home as we moved here after Mum went into the CH and she never saw the place - so there are no memories of her here.

Thank you all for your kindness and support.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Slugsta, I am so sorry for your loss hun, but also so glad that it was peaceful for your Mum at the end. I hope now that you are getting a chance to rest and recover - you have been so strong. I couldn't get onto TP to see how things were while we were away, but I thought of you often. It's tough when the relationship with your Mum wasn't aways the best, but you definitely have nothing that the guilt monster can torment you with - you just couldn't have done more to support your mum, all the way through this horrible journey. Take some time for you now, sending you massive {{{{{hugs}}}} xxxx

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I meant to say the other day, that my father died in 1994, and we moved house in 95, I was quite sad for a few weeks afterwards that he hadn't seen our house, he would have been really happy for us, and then 6 months later we got a new 3 piece suite (money was spent on canoes at the time, we'd tipped the old one when we moved) and I was really sad he didn't get to see it, as he would have really liked it (we were mid 20s so still getting settled in life - although still in same house)

Oddly when we next replaced the sofa, asked mum if she liked it, as she'd not commented, and she said 'oh I thought you'd had that a while so I hadn't said anything' - didn't twig at the time this was an early sign of dementia that she couldn't remember what we had so assumed we'd always had it. (sorry rambled off)

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Dear slugsta iv only just read your sad news as iv been awall from tp for quite a while
My heart feels heavy for you as it's coming up to a yr since my dad died the gm can hit at the most unwanted times I think it's something we all have to deal with irrespective of the love and care we have given our loved one enough is never enough so I will lend you my big stick with a nail in it to bash that gm you may keep it for a while.......im thinking of you sending big hugs as no words ease the pain xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey