Maybe this is it.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Slugsta, my condolences.

You have been in our thoughts often over the past few weeks.

Such a long vigil, I cannot imagine. I am thankful your mum is beyond suffering now.

Sending love and (((((hugs))))) your way.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
I am sorry I dropped out of contact. The mobile phone and internet signals were very poor over at the carehome so I didn't take my comp with me.

I started staying overnight and coming home for a few hours during the day just over 2 weeks ago. Thinking each day that it couldn't be long now, I stopped coming home on 5th November. It seemed impossible that um lasted through each night, although deeply unconscious.

This morning I sent out my usual 'Still here' texts, had some breakfast and dozed off. Woke up to find she had slipped away. I know I would have heard any noise or distress, her heart simply gave up the fight after all this time.

Like many of us here, my relationship with Mum was often difficult so I anticipate some very mixed feelings to come. One thing I know is that I have nothing with which to reproach myself regarding her end of life.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Slugsta, please, no need to apologize to us. We knew you were busy and I also thought connectivity might be an issue.

You must be exhausted.

I hope that the GM and its cousin, self reproach, find no room in your head and heart; they've got no business showing up and we will gladly show them the door.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Like many of us here, my relationship with Mum was often difficult so I anticipate some very mixed feelings to come. One thing I know is that I have nothing with which to reproach myself regarding her end of life.
That is a really positive approach to have and one I trust will sustain you through the coming months, as it has for me.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Just caught up.
My many, many condolences, Slugsta.
It’s been quite a vigil for you, time for some rest!
I would prefer to cuddle OH and see the cat! But suit yourself!

Murper1

Jan 1, 2016
I hope the days and years ahead are kind to you now. You have been amazing. I went through this 6 months ago and yet the time I spent caring for my Mum will is still incredibly strong in my mind. Be good to yourself now!

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
So sorry for your loss, your mum at peace and knowing you have done your best, just to say sending much love and hugs x

Scouts girl

Jan 18, 2017
My thoughts are with you slugstar. May you now find peace and rest after your long vigil with your mum and be so reassured that you did all you could for her. Love and best wishes xxx

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
Sorry to read that your mum has now passed. You must be exhausted from your constant vigil . You need some time to yourself to jsut sleep and rest.
Ros x

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
Mum's and daughters-it can be such a complex relationship.You cared for her so well and for so long.Time for you now.Take care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brose