In need of a virtual hug

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Morning Lou,

That would a nice wee treat for you and your mum, where did you go. Somewhere nice and warm I hope.

Morning Gill,

Hope you slept eventually. Good luck with your scan tomorrow.

C did make it to lunch club, gave her usual story of liking the cheesecake but not too sure about some of the people though she seemed to get on well with the ones I saw her with. We see where it goes, still waiting for social care assessment on day care. It was too grey and miserable for photo walk, so had a leisurely lunch at my favourite pub and a long read of the paper. :)

All the best to you both, and to Jenny who is no doubt busy with the new grandchild about now. :)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Morning Lou,

That would a nice wee treat for you and your mum, where did you go. Somewhere nice and warm I hope.

Morning Gill,

Hope you slept eventually. Good luck with your scan tomorrow.

C did make it to lunch club, gave her usual story of liking the cheesecake but not too sure about some of the people though she seemed to get on well with the ones I saw her with. We see where it goes, still waiting for social care assessment on day care. It was too grey and miserable for photo walk, so had a leisurely lunch at my favourite pub and a long read of the paper. :)

All the best to you both, and to Jenny who is no doubt busy with the new grandchild about now. :)

Really pleased for you rob that you managed to persuade c to go to lunch club and she seems to be mixing a little doesn't she,...you chose to spend your time well....nothing better on grey miserable day but to relax in the pub....hope that you enjoyed your lunch ....when you do hear from social services please let us know xxx
Thank for your wishes for tomorrow.. Can't say I'm trilled at the prospect of spending half an hour in the scanner but its got to be done , take care rob,speak soon xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi rob and gill . What a lovely day it was today , bright and sunny and around 15 degrees . So that's our summer been and gone in Scotland ;-) . My mum and I and my friend went for along drive around the Ayrshire coast , stopping off at a lovely farm for afternoon tea . It was a perfect day . How are you and C , rob . I'm
so glad that C managed the lunch club and you got some very valuable and deserved ' me time'. How did you get on with your scan Gill . I hope everything went well . Best wishes to everyone who looks in on our wee thread . I hope you and your families are well . Lou xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
15 degrees in Ayrshire, that's heatwave Lou. :D Sounds like a great day out.

Gill, hope you are well and your scan yesterday got some positive results for you.

Jenny, how are you?

Everywhere was busy yesterday, so came home and had a bottle of beer in the garden at the flats. Got chatting to one of the neighbours, so all good. C is very sleepy, so I pop out for a walk and we see her daughter for a delayed Mother's day present tomorrow. :rolleyes:

All the best everyone, Rob

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi rob and gill . What a lovely day it was today , bright and sunny and around 15 degrees . So that's our summer been and gone in Scotland ;-) . My mum and I and my friend went for along drive around the Ayrshire coast , stopping off at a lovely farm for afternoon tea . It was a perfect day . How are you and C , rob . I'm
so glad that C managed the lunch club and you got some very valuable and deserved ' me time'. How did you get on with your scan Gill . I hope everything went well . Best wishes to everyone who looks in on our wee thread . I hope you and your families are well . Lou xx

Yes indeed Lou your day out sounded perfect... I hope that yesterday was not your summer done with !!! and that you will have many more perfect days out this year xx we enjoyed some good weather too and went for my favorite canal walk with little chaos xx
My scan went well thank you...just got to wait now for the results ,speak again soon my friend xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
15 degrees in Ayrshire, that's heatwave Lou. :D Sounds like a great day out.

Gill, hope you are well and your scan yesterday got some positive results for you.

Jenny, how are you?

Everywhere was busy yesterday, so came home and had a bottle of beer in the garden at the flats. Got chatting to one of the neighbours, so all good. C is very sleepy, so I pop out for a walk and we see her daughter for a delayed Mother's day present tomorrow. :rolleyes:

All the best everyone, Rob

A nice way to spend an hour or two rob,away from crowded shops and Saturday traffic....hope the visit to c,s daughter was not too taxing today rob....and thanks to you too rob,my scan went well and am now waiting for the results xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
A nice way to spend an hour or two rob,away from crowded shops and Saturday traffic....hope the visit to c,s daughter was not too taxing today rob....and thanks to you too rob,my scan went well and am now waiting for the results xx

Nice to know your scan went well Gill. It's the waiting around that's always the hardest part I find. Hope the results are good and lead to you getting a solution. Let us know how it goes.

JohnBG

Apr 20, 2016
Lancashire UK
Look after yourself.

It is hard so we ring you aBIG hug, you are not clairvoyant those small​ MI less easy to detect so do not be too hard on yourself. None of this is easy, after much stress and sleep deprivation wonder you can function at all we understand.

Be kind to yourself !

I.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Evening Jenny, nice to hear from you. We are well thanks. How are you and your mum?

I am tired but ok! Mum isn't doing too badly. Putting on a lot of weight as she is eating an awful lot of food! She keeps scratching her back until she draws blood. No idea why or what to do about it!
So glad C is settling down. I may not have posted recently but you are all in my thoughts xxxxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I am tired but ok! Mum isn't doing too badly. Putting on a lot of weight as she is eating an awful lot of food! She keeps scratching her back until she draws blood. No idea why or what to do about it!
So glad C is settling down. I may not have posted recently but you are all in my thoughts xxxxx

Hi jenny,its just a thought but your mums constant searching could be the dementia... If there is no dermatological reason,my dad had a thing about constantly rubbing his eyes with his hankie,he would do it that much that he used to give himself black eyes....you could mention it to her gp the next time that she needs to see him or her.....not much help I know but just wanted to let you know dad had similar obsessive behavior... please let us know when the new arrival arrives.... take care xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
It is hard so we ring you aBIG hug, you are not clairvoyant those small​ MI less easy to detect so do not be too hard on yourself. None of this is easy, after much stress and sleep deprivation wonder you can function at all we understand.

Be kind to yourself !

I.

Thank you john for your kind words of support.... my dad lost his battle with dementia last may....but thanks again ,please feel free to join our little thread if you want to

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hi jenny,its just a thought but your mums constant searching could be the dementia... If there is no dermatological reason,my dad had a thing about constantly rubbing his eyes with his hankie,he would do it that much that he used to give himself black eyes....you could mention it to her gp the next time that she needs to see him or her.....not much help I know but just wanted to let you know dad had similar obsessive behavior... please let us know when the new arrival arrives.... take care xxx

Yes, I did think it could be the dementia.
Exciting news! My girlie has been admitted with high blood pressure (not pre eclamsia) sweep tonight and if labour doesn't start, induction on Thursday!

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Can I just say how much the people on this thread keep me going?
I haven't posted much lately because, as well as looking after mum (just me & hubby) my lovely auntie (my second mum) is bad enough to qualify for CHC funding.
My precious younger daughter will give birth in the next few days ( following a tough IVF journey)
I have been reading and you have all been in my thoughts
Much love
Jenny xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I haven't posted much lately because, as well as looking after mum (just me & hubby) my lovely auntie (my second mum) is bad enough to qualify for CHC funding.
My precious younger daughter will give birth in the next few days ( following a tough IVF journey)
Much love
Jenny xxx

We are here jenny...don't worry about posting...we will be thinking of you.....I know I should of moved on by now but I too find my virtual friends keep me going and I dont want to loose them xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
We are here jenny...don't worry about posting...we will be thinking of you.....I know I should of moved on by now but I too find my virtual friends keep me going and I dont want to loose them xxx

You move on when you are ready Gill. Your advice and support over the past few weeks have been appreciated though. It's good to keep in touch.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Much love
Jenny xxx

Sounds busy Jenny, sorry your auntie is not well. I don't know what CHC funding is right enough, but looking after two people and your daughter going into hospital is taxing and time consuming. If you need any kind of support just ask and let us know when the happy day arrives, or whenever you get 5 minutes anyway. :)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
You move on when you are ready Gill. Your advice and support over the past few weeks have been appreciated though. It's good to keep in touch.

Thank you rob, I think we all help each other out when it's needed, don't think I will be going anywhere yet !!
Will look forward to hearing if c goes to her lunch club this week,speak soon xx