But oh those lonely nights .........

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Will be thinking of you in the coming week, Scarlett. Will you have your granddaughter, as usual on the 24th, which is a Saturday? It would be lovely if you did. Might make a hard time a bit easier. xx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Will be thinking of you in the coming week, Scarlett. Will you have your granddaughter, as usual on the 24th, which is a Saturday? It would be lovely if you did. Might make a hard time a bit easier. xx

No, she is coming the day before, on the 23rd, which is actually lovelier, because that will be 2 years since John died, and she offered, months ago, to come with me to the Crematorium. We'll then go out for lunch. She's also coming on Wednesday the 28th, as she is then going to stay with a friend for few days, so will miss Saturday, New Years Eve.

I'm meeting the friend who was 50 a few weeks ago, on Thursday 29th, for lunch, and if there is a gap in Gloria's list of family visitors, who are usually at work, I will see her, but otherwise it's Billy and me from Christmas Eve until 3rd January, as the 2nd is a Bank Holiday.

Being anally organised, ;) I have given myself specific tasks for each day, and written them in my diary, :eek: so that the hours don't drag too much, and though "remove items from small cabinet and wash thoroughly" may not be on everyone's Boxing Day list, it is on mine! Obviously if an unexpected invitation should crop up, those plans can be binned, but all of my close friends have family they are visiting, and I've lied through my teeth and said, cheerily, "I'll be fine!".

I also have a DVD to watch each day. These are the old videos that I had transferred, and are of holidays that John and I took, pre AD. I'm still umming and aahing as to whether I'll go to John's CH to help serve lunch on Christmas Day, as A Good Idea in September, doesn't seem so good now. I haven't arranged anything with them, so if I can't do it, I'm not breaking a promise.

I'll also be able to come onto TP, and respond to others who are going through a difficult time. Next Wednesday is the anniversary of when John and I met, and one darling friend is taking me out to lunch, and then driving me to another club, with yet another concert. This is really kind of her, and will help me get through another poignant date, especially as I have a 9.30 hospital appointment with "Max Factor". :)

Off soon to collect the friend who had hip replacement surgery, and take her to lunch, so that's another day with a purpose. Keep going, keep going and smile. :D

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I am shocked. :eek: I took my hip-replacement friend for lunch, and 2 ladies came up to me in the restaurant and said "it is you isn't it. We saw you in the panto last week and had such a good time". :)

I'd better start practising my autograph! Spending the day with Gloria, and taking lunch with me. I know she likes smoked salmon, so have splashed out, in the hope she can manage some.

Hope everyone has as a good weekend as possible xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Oh joy! Gloria managed 3 cream crackers with smoked salmon, and wasn't sick. Sooooooo pleased. She said she will be at a sister's house on Christmas Day, as usual, but reckons she'll be exhausted after a few hours, especially as there will be about 18-20 people there.

I've offered to collect her, and take her home, if necessary, so that the other guests can enjoy the rest of their day, without interruption, and it'll make me feel useful.

Grand-daughter tomorrow and then ................ The Strictly Final!!!!!

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
If I'm helping someone else, I'm not going to be sitting here drowning in self pity. And as the 21st, and the following days get nearer, I'm finding my eyes frequently filling up. And then I had an awful nightmare last night.

I couldn't find where I'd parked my car, and 2 men ushered me into a Dormobile sort of van, and said they'd take me to it. And after driving for ages, I asked them to let me out and they wouldn't, and I screamed for John to save me. :eek:

I woke up, thinking he'd actually materialised, and was kissing me, but it was Billy licking my face, bless him. I eventually drifted off to sleep, and can't remember the second dream, but I woke up sobbing.

I think I'd better enjoy Strictly with Mr Bailey tonight. ;)

BR_ANA

Jun 27, 2012
Brazil
If I'm helping someone else, I'm not going to be sitting here drowning in self pity. And as the 21st, and the following days get nearer, I'm finding my eyes frequently filling up. And then I had an awful nightmare last night.

I couldn't find where I'd parked my car, and 2 men ushered me into a Dormobile sort of van, and said they'd take me to it. And after driving for ages, I asked them to let me out and they wouldn't, and I screamed for John to save me. :eek:

I woke up, thinking he'd actually materialised, and was kissing me, but it was Billy licking my face, bless him. I eventually drifted off to sleep, and can't remember the second dream, but I woke up sobbing.

I think I'd better enjoy Strictly with Mr Bailey tonight. ;)

What a nightmare!!
I am glad that Billy saved you

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Sorry you had such horrible nightmares, Scarlett, good that Billy was there for you though and I hope Mr Bailey soothed and you enjoyed strictly. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Strictly was wonderful, and I wept when the professionals danced for Len, to the song "May each day in your life be a good day". :( Then I yelped, and then cried, with Ore, when he won. Sat with Gloria yesterday, who managed to eat some chicken, but is so weak.

Then today I had a Proper Christmas Lunch with a friend at a restaurant, and when I came home, well, my excitement hit the roof. :eek: I have found a local firm to deliver pea shingle, even cheaper than B & ****, with no delivery charge, and they're delivering tomorrow morning. :D

Oh the things I get excited about! This means that during the Christmas - New Year period, I can add to my list of tasks, weather permitting, spreading pea shingle over the aggregate. :D I know, I am the epitome of Living Life in the Fast Lane. ;)