A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hope your infection clears up Sylvia - are you drinking enough? Look after yourself.

Hope the hospice plan all falls into place.

Lovely to see Annie's post - brought back memories of Helen's support to us all back then.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Dear Sylvia, I agree with the other posters who suggested that Helen's GP could prescribe the AB's that you need. Perhaps have a sample ready for when he visits?

I'm glad that Helen can still make her own choice regarding her care but I'm seriously alarmed that no Carers have arrived to help.

I hope for better things for you all today.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Sylvia, you could try taking a heaped teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water once a day, I find it helps a lot xx.

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
I'm so sorry Sylvia that on top of everything you have an infection :( hopefully you can be prescribed some antibiotics today.
Hoping too that you have all had a peaceful night. It's so awful that you all haven't received the help that Helen needs.
You're all in my thoughts and I hope the move to the hospice goes as well as it can under the circumstances xxxx

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Hope your infection clears up Sylvia - are you drinking enough? Look after yourself.

Hope the hospice plan all falls into place.

Lovely to see Annie's post - brought back memories of Helen's support to us all back then.

It has been in a way like coming home for a while :).
Hope you can get some meds soon Sylvia. That's all you need :mad:

Kim xx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Sylvia, I hope you can get swift treatment and that you feel better soon. Hoping and praying the hospice move takes place smoothly, you will feel easier when Helen is in the right place.xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So sorry that you have an infection now too Sylvia - hope you can get ab's to get over it quickly. And I too hope care (apart from you three) can be in place soon. That's dreadful, to leave you to cope - even if you are coping brilliantly.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Sylvia, I join with the others saying to see a doctor and get your UTI seen to quickly.
Anyone has access to a GP on a temporary basis when on holiday and I think you have said that you have already made an arrangement with Helen's doctor to have your usual meds prescribed.
Please, please, take care of yourself. The strain you are under is enormous even though you are coping so capably. Indeed will be the more so because you are. You are having to be all things to Helen and to her family while facing the loss of someone so very special yourself. We know how debilitating this can be and how it can affect the immune system for a long time.

I do hope there is better news of the hospice care soon. xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Helen is now in the hospice and we are all with her.

My UTI seems to have been nipped in the bud. I drank gallons last night and there is lovely iced water on hand here at the hospice.

Take care everyone xx

Status
Not open for further replies.