A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sylvia, I feel everything everyone else has said, every word. An incredibly difficult and sad time for all of you and poor Linda unable to understand. Difficult enough for those who do understand.

I have had daily problems lasting hours trying to get online and was desperate to read news of Helen. Can’t thank you enough for your updates. Poor dear Helen, if only death was not so hard, prolonged. She has been and will continue to be such an inspiration.

You too are an inspiration Sylvia, not many could be such an involved wonderful friend and support and yet maintain the necessary front for Helen’s sake. You are indeed one special lady.

No words… can only wish you continuing strength and much more. Constantly in my mind.

My love
Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Has the nurse left any mouth care supplies Sylvia to help you keep her mouth moist and comfortable? Love and strength Suexxx

No Sue. I asked if she could think of anything else to help and she said not . It was only after she'd gone I remembered something was prescribed for Dhiren to keep his mouth moist.

The fluids are building up nitram which is why Helen feels she has no room to breathe .

I must thank you for allowing me to offload in this way. It is really helping me to tell it as it is to people who know Helen and me . Your support at this time is helping as much as it helped me when Dhiren was here.

Hello gigi

How kind your first post is to support me and Helen. I don't know your story yet but am sure here on TP you'll get the support you need.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I popped back in today just to see how Helen is and to marvel, really, at the strength of your friendship. it shines through in all you do.
Thank goodness for the lovely GP.
I hope the anti nausea meds are still working well.
Much love to you both. Xxxx

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
I'm still here checking in too, Sylvia. You are such a special friend to be able to support Helen's family the way you are.

I hope Helen is as comfortable as she can be and that you can sort out the right balance of medications.

I cannot begin to imagine how hard this is for you and I know there's not much I can say that will help you. Just know that I, along with everyone else on here, am with you in my thoughts. Take care.

Sending a hug and positive thoughts that Helen can remain peaceful xx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hi Sylvia. I've popped on today to catch up with news, and as you know, my friend Gloria is very ill, and I've been supporting her as much as I can, so my apologies for not posting earlier in response to your latest news about Helen.

What a wonderful friend you are Sylvia, and I agree with what others have said. Life can be so cruel can't it. My thoughts are with you all at this difficult time.

xxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Sylvia

Just popping in to say my thoughts are with you all, and because of when I joined TP, perhaps especially with you. You are an amazing friend, so supportive. It was heartbreaking to hear of Helen's confusion this morning - I hope she is peaceful now.

Sending you big (((hugs)))

Lindy xx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
You are amazing Sylvia, so hard for you, poor Helen, I hope she is calm and that her breathing is easier. Some Vaseline on her lips may be soothing if she will tolerate it.

Much lovexxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Martin sat with Helen while I watched the soaps and she woke and had a drink of tea and a biscuit. :) She then dozed off again.

Mandy went to a meditation group.

I sat with Helen from 8 till 9 and she held on to my hand and slept the whole time. Martin has gone to bed so they are settled for the night [I hope].

I say I hope, because Helen has had no evening meds. She has definitely been over medicated today so the GP can sort it tomorrow. I suggested to Martin to give her half her dose if she wakes.

Its been a quietish day but a worrying one. That depth of sleep we think may be over medication could also signify the final days of life.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I hope you manage some rest tonight Sylvia. Love to you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I hope you all have a settled night Sylvia and that Helen remains pain free, its good you know you have the GP coming tomorrow, do you have a night contact if needed?

Much lovexxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
do you have a night contact if needed?

Much lovexxxx

We do have a 24/7 number Sue but were told it covers a much larger area than the day time number , so it might take longer for our call to be answered. I just hope the deep sleep continues all night. :(

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Dear Sylvia, I hope the night goes as well as can be expected. I admire all that you are doing for Helen and family and I am sure they are all grateful. We are all grateful for you letting us all know the latest.
((((Hugs))))) to you all from all of us.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Wishing you all a peaceful night, like everyone else I have no words to say either about Helen's indomitable spirit or your incredible strength for your wonderful friend. xx

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
It's hard to believe all this traumatic time is going on as it was only a month ago you were posting photos of sunny and happy times in Kent. I do hope you all have a peaceful night xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It's hard to believe all this traumatic time is going on as it was only a month ago you were posting photos of sunny and happy times in Kent. I do hope you all have a peaceful night xx

I know. We are both glad and thankful we had such a good week.

Poor Martin will have to sort so much after all this is over. Helens car is still there as is the home dialysis machine which has to be returned and all the bags of cleansing fluid for the kidneys will have to be emptied and the thick plastic bags disposed of. One month's supply, 30 bags and tubes and attachments. They are non returnable .

Status
Not open for further replies.