So bizarre !

AnoviceinN1

Feb 27, 2014
Congratulations!

Whoop-whoop!

That's fantastic - and it was your first application/interview, too, wasn't it?

I have been following your thread for about a year now and I think that you should be very proud of all you have accomplished. I don't think that anyone could have done more for MIL than you have and many people would have been willing or able to do far less.

Big glass of nice chilled wine this evening?

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Ann! Well done, you. That was my best British understated manner.

My loud American reaction: hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so pleased and excited for you! They would have been f@cking nuts NOT to hire you! That's amazing news! I'm so impressed by what you have accomplished and you should be proud of yourself; I know we are.

I will calm down before I frighten you all off, but seriously, that's fantastic. I think (hope) this is just what you need.

Sounds like a good visit with your daughter and definitely get them the bistro set.

Sorry, can't resist, another round of congratulations is called for. If you listen you can hear me all the way across the Atlantic: hooray for Ann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

Bliddy brilliant news Ann! Well done!! I don't think you should be gobsmacked, we all knew you could do it :D I do agree about 2 things - firstly, they will be lucky to have you; secondly, you deserve a laaaarge celebration of your choice. I sincerely hope this is the beginning of a phase of your life where you can do things that bring you joy and satisfaction.

Sorry to hear about the cold though. It's probably not surprising as your immune system will be responding to everything that has been happening 'recently'.

I'm also very glad that eldest has somewhere lovely to live. I think a bistro set sounds like a lovely gift for them :)

Amy, you made me laugh talking about a journey of 'only' 100 miles. That is like the other side of the world to many of us in the UK :D I'm very glad that you have some down time and have some plans to enjoy yourself with your favourite aunt.

To end the week in a similar style to which it started - Mum fell today and needed her scalp glued together by the paramedic. Not really conducive to clear thinking even in those without dementia! I said I would not take Mum shopping and her face fell. So I agreed that she and I would go to Costas for a cuppa while hubby did both lots of shopping (bless him!).

As we got into the car, Mum took off her fleece and I realised that the back of her blouse was soaked in blood. So I 'ran' back to her flat to collect another top. As soon as we got to Costas we went into the disabled loo and I cleaned Mum up and helped her change into a clean top. Almost the first thing Mum did after that was drip hot chocolate down her clean top :rolleyes: Then we had another loo trip. Then we had to change seats because Mum thought the other looked more comfortable. Then she wanted another loo trip. Leaned on the table to help her stand - but this one tipped up, showering both of us with 'hot' chocolate (which, by that time, was thankfully cool). Fortunately hubby arrived just afterwards!

So now we have 3 loads of washing to do - wet and otherwise dirty knickers and bed sheets; bloodstained clothing and towel, and clothes that are soaked in chocolate drink :(

I have emailed the SW, and the wardens have left messages for her (she's off until Monday), saying that Mum really needs help with personal care and getting food. Plus I wonder if these falls are related to the erratic medicine taking, it certainly can't help. Let's see what that brings!

I am very glad that, apart from the washing, I am now home with my feet up and nothing else to worry about for a while :)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Many congratulations Ann! Well deserved. When do you start - and do you now take sick leave before you start?! :D
I think your body has realised that MIL is no longer there for you to take care of 24/7! So now it has the space to be ill. When William went into the nursing home, I seemed to get one bug after the other! I had several colds and things - which I hadn't had for years! Seemed like my immune system knew I had the space to be ill and the accummulated bugs of the last few years all arrived together!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Gerunge tick tick gerunge cough splutter bb-bb-grunge tid tid tid.....tid tid grunge

Yup I heard ya passing by Ann

or wasn't that old red :eek: :D

To save you from yourself, so no need for you to suffer, a glass of bubbly grape has passed my lips in congratulations to you for the new job that was yours as soon as you applied. If I had said, when advising re clothing, you've nothing to worry about, the jobs yours, I could now say I told you so.... :)

I know, I know, the sacrifices I go to on behalf of others. Bubbly grape!! It's ok I had another glass to wash down the nasty nasty taste of the first :D

Congrats my love. You've done good xxxx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Slugsta, not one of your easier days then? You deserve to put your feet up......

2jays is setting the right example, celebrating Ann's success in style....I'll raise a glass to that.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Just to remind us, as if we didn't need reminding, about the funny things that can happen regarding Dementia.

The carers at the respite place where my husband is don't remember very often, ( if at all) to remind him where the loo is.So he must have been taken through to sit down for his meal when he needed the loo. Under the table he quietly managed to do a wee, splashing the other three occupants in the process! The carer who is usually supposed to take him to the loo told me, and said he had to change the clothes of all four of them!

Sorry, but I laughed...thinking it served the carer right! Sorry about the others though, not really funny for them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathyann