The beginning of the end?

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Thanks Izzy, not seen that but I do have a book called The Natural Death Handbook or some such title which is a mine of useful info.

Called DN out again as when carers were washing MIL her breathing was awful, so they've given her another injection and cleaned her mouth out as best they can.

Waiting for community nurse or GP to come and write it up so they can put it in the syringe driver when they come back in an hour or so. Don't think it will be too long now but I could be wrong!

Millie is still picking at her food but is looking to go out for a walk. Waiting for Himself to come back and sit with his Mum and I'll take her out for a gentle stroll. Here she is chilling out :D:D:D

Attachments

• 8 weeks pregnant.jpg
    8 weeks pregnant.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 455
  • 8 weeks pregnant2.jpg
    8 weeks pregnant2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 440

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
There's not a lot I can say about MIL, knowing that she is so well cared for and loved. Such a difficult time, I remember it well.

Thinking of you. x

Millie looks very chilled - the calm before the storm!!

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks Izzy, not seen that but I do have a book called The Natural Death Handbook or some such title which is a mine of useful info.

Called DN out again as when carers were washing MIL her breathing was awful, so they've given her another injection and cleaned her mouth out as best they can.

Waiting for community nurse or GP to come and write it up so they can put it in the syringe driver when they come back in an hour or so. Don't think it will be too long now but I could be wrong!

Millie is still picking at her food but is looking to go out for a walk. Waiting for Himself to come back and sit with his Mum and I'll take her out for a gentle stroll. Here she is chilling out :D:D:D

Aww Millie .

Keep strong Margaret, hope nurse/gp can sort things .

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Drug now in syringe driver and breathing much better but now very shallow and slow. Don't think it will be much longer.

Marie Curie nurse who was here last night is coming again tonight but asked her to call again at 9pm to see if MIL is still with us.

Had a visit from the lovely 2jays, a cuppa (with cake, left over from coffee morning this morning) then a gentle bimble with the very large Millie and back for another cuppa. Thank you so much for coming, this TP community is so special and has been invaluable to me through the years.

I feel so supported on this journey by all sorts of people in all sorts of way. The community nurse from the surgery gave me a hug as she left today and said how wonderful it was that MIL is so well cared for.

Taking it in turns to sit with her now as her breathing is so quiet we can't hear much through the baby monitor.

And so the journey continues ....

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
It's great that you're all still here with me, thank you.

MIL still here! Have thought she could go anytime since about 5pm but she's still hanging on. The lovely man who ran the Home Share project that MIL attended when we first moved here visited tonight to see MIL and say goodbye. So, I think that's everyone who may be important to her, obviously invisible BIL and family haven't returned but I don't think she'd want them to anyway,

Marie Curie nurse here now, same one as last night which is great as I haven't had to give her a potted history and handover.

Tired tonight as been awake since 4.30am. So sod's law says that it will all kick off tonight with MIL and Millie. We shall see, such is life and death....

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Thinking of you all and hoping that it remains peaceful and pain free for your MIL. And that the puppies come soon. x

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
just wanted to say good night Margaret79, to you, MIL, Millie and the Marie Curie nurse - hope you all have a peaceful night
sweet dreams

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Everything sounds like it's going as it should. I am reminded of the doctor's words about George V - "The king's life is drawing peacefully to a close". I hope it is peaceful for Maureen and calm for you and Himself.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I hope you managed to sleep Margaret. Thinking of you and your mother in-law this morning.
Not forgetting Himself too and of course, Millie. x