Shocking developments.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Glad to hear your news about your sons and that Peter is ready to come home and recover with you. xx

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Dear, poorly Pappy-in-law has been taken into emergency NHS respite this teatime.

It has been an overwhelming day but he is safe, clean and watched tonight.

Mum-in-law is temporarily relieved, sadly for her the agony will be when she realises her darling husband, best friend and life's companion ...will not be coming home.

He won't.

He's left their home for the last time, in a crisis of poo and falls.
She is fine this evening, Peter is broken hearted literally and emotionally.

Hard times.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Oh Gwen, so sorry to read this. Sorry for Peter and his parents but also for you- yet again the rock and guide for the family. Supportive hugs for you all. xx (ps don't forget to look after yourself)

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Gwen, I'm so sorry to read about all the trauma in your family. Poor FIL-and MIL-and you and Peter who will end up offering even more support when you both have your own concerns. Peter's heart has been physically mended by the medics-I fear that knowing his Dad won't be coming home will be harder to heal.

Love to all of you my friend

Lyn T XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Very hard times Gwen. I can almost relive the moment when it happened to us. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I'm deeply sorry.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I'm so sorry you are all having a difficult time Gwen, sending best wishes to you all, Jeany xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Gwen I'm so sorry. Thinking of you, Peter and your MIL. hard times indeed. xx

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
So sorry, Gwen. Another couple parted by this awful disease, after a long life together.
Really feel for you all, and hope that these unhappy circumstances are as gentle to you as possible.

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
Oh Gwen, my stomach turned when I saw your post.

I find Christmas tricky. Filled with happy memories of mum. And very sad memories of mum. I dreaded Christmas when mum was dipping deeper into dementia and lived alone. Even now I don't feel completely at ease with the whole thing and she's in a secure hospital, how much worse can things get?!

I know what it's like to dread the phone ringing with another problem. I'm so sorry you have this worry. I really hope you get your break. Thinking of you xxxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Gwen, after all you have been through in recent weeks, I am so sorry to hear about FIL. I know how hard this is for everyone, I remember it well.

Words seem inadequate, but please know I'm thinking of you all as you continue to juggle everything.

Jan x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Oxo Gwen

I'm sorry I've only just read about your recent news

Wishing something good happens for you very soon xxx