William has gone

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
So sorry to hear the news,which must have been a shock no matter how prepared you were . Still sending support and strength.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
My sincere condolences, LadyA. No matter how prepared you were, it must still be a shock. Wishing you strength.

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
So sorry to read of your sad loss. It must have been an awful shock. Go slowly and take care xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
LadyA, you have been such a devoted wife to your beloved William, and have left no stone unturned to ensure his well-being, for such a long time. I'm clinging to your words "he died peacefully in his sleep", which is so much better than being awake and in pain.

William is looking down on his Best Girl, and will give you the strength to get through the difficult days that lie ahead. Meanwhile, the Four January Lads, and their many pals from TP, are welcoming William, and looking after him. And remember - there's no Alzheimers in Heaven.

God Bless you and all your family. And God Bless William - may his dear sweet soul Rest In Peace. xxx

geum123

May 20, 2009
I am so very sorry to read your sad news, LadyA.
Wishing you and your family strength in the days to come. xxxx

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
So sorry to hear of the sad passing of your dear, sweet William. I hope that you have good support around you at this most difficult of times. Holding you in my heart.

Take good care of yourself.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thank you everyone. Your words mean so much. I'm beyond exhausted at the moment. Trying to organise things, deal with visitors. etc.

The funeral is to be on Saturday at 2 p.m. Several of William's family are coming from the US. They will be spread among acquaintances for accommodation. Some are hiring cars, so they can car-pool.

I have a vague list in my head of Things To Do: 1. Confirm Funeral arrangements with the Funeral Director. 2. Contact GP re Death Certificate (trust William to die on a Bank Holiday - out of hours doctor had to be called to verify death, and now GP will have to issue death certificate based on his condition as known during the week.). 3. Contact Dept. of Social Welfare (or whatever they are called this year) re William's pension and apply for Widow's Pension. And hope there isn't too much of a gap between when they cut off William's pension and when they provide Widow's Pension! 4. Get on with details of the funeral service! 5. Once they have packed them up, collect William's things from the nursing home, and drop off the picture I got for them. It's words from a song, printed on canvas: "Lean on me when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on. For it won't be long 'til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on." I thought it very suitable for a nursing home. 6 and probably most important. get cat milk! Poor Lizzy is feeling a bit stressed at all the comings and goings.

Dau isn't due home until morning. But SIL came today and spent all day here, not in my face, but working around outside and popping in and out. My lovely neighbour came first with a packet of choccie biccies. Then later with two enormous platters of sandwiches, because there are bound to be visitors. And then a third time turned up with a dish of freshly made lasagne, insisting that I need to eat! Bless her. People are so nice.

I have chosen the hymns: Holy, Holy Holy, Lord God Almighty is one. Then "I'll Praise my Maker with my breath (and when my voice is lost in death, Praise shall employ my nobler powers)", "Lift your glad voices in triumph on high" and "In Thee is gladness amid all sadness, Jesus sunshine of my heart." William did not want funeral hymns at his funeral - he wanted hymns of triumph.

And there is this poem which he wanted read too.

Ask Me

I want to be touched by affectionate eyes
I want to be welcomed when welcome is rare;
I want to be held when my confidence sighs,
I want to find comfort in genuine care.

I want to be given untakeable things,
I want to be trusted with hearts that might break
I want to fly dreaming on efortless wings,
I want to be smiled on when I awake.

I want to see sunsets with people who know,
I want to hear secrets that no one should hear,
I want to be guarded wherever I go,
I want to be fought for when dangers appear.

I want to be chained to the lives of my friends,
I want to be wanted because and despite,
I want to link arms when the foolishness ends,
I want to be safe in the raging night.

I want to be sheltered although I am wrong,
I want to be laughed at although I am right,
I want to be sung in the heavenly song,
I want to be loved - I want to be light.

Last edited:

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Oh LadyA, the list is exhausting just to read, please tackle things in bit-sized chunks and make sure you get some rest in between. Really admire the choice of hymns and the poem made me feel very emotional. Thoughts still with you. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
The person William specifically wants to read the poem doesn't understand it at all! Just doesn't get it. He said "Well. I would have thought there would be a lot of more meaningful poems he could have chosen." :rolleyes: I suspect that that is exactly why William specifically wanted him to read it!

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
The person William specifically wants to read the poem doesn't understand it at all! Just doesn't get it. He said "Well. I would have thought there would be a lot of more meaningful poems he could have chosen." :rolleyes: I suspect that that is exactly why William specifically wanted him to read it!

Well, I hope he reads & re-reads it as to me there is nothing more meaningful. I only hope he does it justice!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5