1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Bay

Bay Registered User

Jul 24, 2014
    Kent
    Sincere condolences and thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

2. Moonflower

Moonflower Registered User

Mar 28, 2012
    I am so sorry for your loss.

3. disi

disi Registered User

Sending much love and condolences, William is at peace now LadyA xx

4. Tears Falling

Tears Falling Registered User

Jul 8, 2013
    Deepest sympathy to you. :(

5. Tin

Tin Registered User

May 18, 2014
    UK
    So sorry to read of your loss, the time is never right. To pass away while sleeping must be some comfort to you. Goodbye William.

6. Mibs

Mibs Registered User

May 26, 2014
    Derbyshire
    So sorry for your loss

7. Lilac Blossom

Lilac Blossom Registered User

Oct 6, 2014
    Scotland
    Dear Lady A

William's struggles are over and to pass peacefully in sleep is a comfort I think. However nothing truly prepares us for the loss of a loved one so I hope that family and friends are being supportive as you face the coming days together.

Thoughts and prayers with you Lady A xx

8. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    However much you expect it you're never really prepared are you. A great blessing that William's passing was so peaceful, but you must be in shock. Sending you very much love. Es
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

9. nicoise

nicoise Registered User

Jun 29, 2010
    Dear LadyA,

I'm so sorry to read your news this morning, it seems to have happened so suddenly, but I'm glad it was peaceful for William xxx

10. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    I am so sorry to read your sad news, Lady A. A blessing for William to pass away so peacefully. Wishing you strength in the days ahead. J xx

11. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Sorry for your loss Lady A, admiration for the way you cared for William throughout. Sending my condolences
    love
    Suexx

12. beverrino

beverrino Registered User

Jan 12, 2015
    so sorry to hear your sad news. so glad it was peaceful. you have my deepest sympathy. take care xx

13. thebes

thebes Registered User

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    My heartfelt sympathy to you at this sad time. Will hold you in the light as these grey days go on.

14. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    So sorry for your loss, the end of a long hard road together. Wishing you strength as you face a new future without him. Take care x

15. brambles

brambles Registered User

Sep 22, 2014
    Female
    NW England
    So very sorry for your loss x

16. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    William has gone....and you will be feeling blank, strange, sad, relieved, angry, teary, panicky.... all of the above or none of them.
    Lady A, I have admired your strength of character throughout your story. We've shared smiles, tears, laughs and crossness with you and for you. We will be there for you during this dark time and during the lighter times too.
    Good Bye and God Bless William, and God Bless Lady A and the whole family and their friends too.xx

17. Delphie

Delphie Registered User

Dec 14, 2011
    You're in my thoughts. xxx

18. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    sorry to hear take care

19. Chaucer 1931

Chaucer 1931 Registered User

Mar 30, 2014
    My sincere condolences to you LadyA,take comfort in that his passing was peaceful. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

20. piph

piph Registered User

Feb 4, 2013
    Northamptonshire
    So sorry to hear your news. Sending cyber hugs ((((())))) to help see you through the difficult days ahead. xxx