Goodbye my love .... John died today

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Scarlett you have given so much to everyone I hope life will treat you gently . You have so much to be proud of.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Talking Point mobile app

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Scarlett, you did yourself and John proud - wishing you peace for the days ahead xxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Well done Scarlett! I hope the memories of yesterday and all the happy times with John will see you through any dark days to come. It seems John is making sure you know he is still there loving and supporting you ❤️

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Scarlett, I read your post much earlier on this morning; I didn't know how to respond to the courage that you showed yesterday. A shower and two mugs of coffee later I'm still at a loss. Words almost seem inadequate.

However, I will try. My dear, you showed John why he asked you to share his life with him, (not that he needed telling) and you showed him your love. A love that will not die. He was looking down, free from pain and confusion, and loving you for the way that you held yourself together. I hope you felt our virtual arms round you but, more than that, I hope you felt John's gentle hand in yours giving you a little squeeze when you thought that the occasion was too sad and overwhelming.

You did good my girl. More than good! You were absolutely fantastic.

Love as always

Lyn T XXXXX

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Dear Scarlett, I'm so glad yesterday was such a positive experience.
I am sure it is because you are so loving and giving and such a positive force yourself. I smiled and I cried when I read your post. Then I read Lyn T's post and I cried again. Lyn my thoughts are with you.
My love to you Scarlett
Gaynor x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Sad .

at 6.30 this morning, i heard the doorbell go. I was surprised that billy hadn't barked, but i got up, took the chain off, unlocked the door, and nobody was there. But i knew it was john saying goodbye.

Sure enough about half an hour later, they rang from the home, and i knew what they would say, and i told them at what time he'd died. I went to see him, and he looked at peace. His log sheet showed he was seen at 6.20, and the staff were going past his room, all the time, so i am fairly positive that he rang the bell to say goodbye.

I am just so pleased he's free from pain, and at peace. The doctor came whilst i was there, and discussed with me the certificate, and he is putting dementia as the cause of death, as this avoids a post mortem.

I've made an appointment at the funeral home for monday, i'll be registering the death at the registry office tomorrow, and i've unpacked my grocery delivery. I'm just glad that i had nearly 50 years of love, with a most wonderful husband, father and grandfather.

he will want you to enjoy the rest of you life im sure

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Dear Lyn so pleased all went well yesterday, l am just catching up with your posts as l have been poorly for a few days, read your email from former student that must have made you so proud of John, it moved me so much. I would love to go to Graceland's it was on our next trip list, but due to hubby's AD unable to go now, one day one day, my son said he would take me. wishing you much peace for 2015, please stay with us all we need you love Pam ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Thank You Scarlett....You carried it off.

We are all here if you need us, when the pain gets bad...just let us share. Enjoy the time with your son and include your daughter too if she will join in. ..... but most of all rest now, you will be exhausted.x.x.

keywest67

Mar 19, 2012
Coventry
Scarlet, what an amazingly strong lady you are, full of admiration.....and in tears after reading your post, full of respect x

Fiona P

Dec 14, 2014
Please accept my deepest condolences on the death of your husband

His mind is now at peace, no more pain, no more confusion. Now, for you and your family its time to reflect on happier times gone by and know how strong you've all been

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I too read your post about yesterday, early this morning Scarlett, and I was so in awe of what you did that I just couldn't think of anything to say!
Everyone has now said what I feel, but much more eloquently. It's an overused word these days, but in your case it's appropriate, you were awesome and I feel like applauding you too xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I too read your post about yesterday, early this morning Scarlett, and I was so in awe of what you did that I just couldn't think of anything to say!
Everyone has now said what I feel, but much more eloquently. It's an overused word these days, but in your case it's appropriate, you were awesome and I feel like applauding you too xxx

One of my friends, who is a darn sight more computer-literate than me, and belongs to Facebook and twits or tweets, has sent me some comments. I know they're talking about me, but really, they're about John's Funeral, and so they're about him.

To so many people, who vaporised, he was nothing :mad::mad::mad:. Now all of a sudden, they're writing things like "what an amazing funeral yesterday for my dear old friend John"!!! Dan, my son, said I'm actually a better actress than Dame Helen, cos he thought I sounded genuine when I was thanking them for coming!!

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
One of my friends, who is a darn sight more computer-literate than me, and belongs to Facebook and twits or tweets, has sent me some comments. I know they're talking about me, but really, they're about John's Funeral, and so they're about him.

To so many people, who vaporised, he was nothing :mad::mad::mad:. Now all of a sudden, they're writing things like "what an amazing funeral yesterday for my dear old friend John"!!! Dan, my son, said I'm actually a better actress than Dame Helen, cos he thought I sounded genuine when I was thanking them for coming!!
I don't know if I have the authority but I want to award you an Oscar for what sounds like an exceptional performance. Thinking of you Scarlett and remembering how you have helped so many of us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey