Goodbye my love .... John died today

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
At 6.30 this morning, I heard the doorbell go. I was surprised that Billy hadn't barked, but I got up, took the chain off, unlocked the door, and nobody was there. But I knew it was John saying goodbye.

Sure enough about half an hour later, they rang from the Home, and I knew what they would say, and I told them at what time he'd died. I went to see him, and he looked at peace. His log sheet showed he was seen at 6.20, and the staff were going past his room, all the time, so I am fairly positive that he rang the bell to say goodbye.

I am just so pleased he's free from pain, and at peace. The doctor came whilst I was there, and discussed with me the certificate, and he is putting Dementia as the cause of death, as this avoids a post mortem.

I've made an appointment at the Funeral Home for Monday, I'll be registering the death at the Registry Office tomorrow, and I've unpacked my grocery delivery. I'm just glad that I had nearly 50 years of love, with a most wonderful husband, father and grandfather.

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
So glad John is at peace now. How amazing that he came to say goodbye. I suspect he'll be around in the days to come.

Sending love and strength for you and your family. xxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so very sorry that you have lost your husband.
He is now at peace and free from the pain I know and for that you are thankful but so very sad to lose your loved one.
You have had both been through a very difficult time.
Please accept my sincere sympathy. xxx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I am so sorry Scarlett please accept my sympathy at the loss of your husband, John is at peace,

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Scarlett how moving. I'm so sorry to hear of John's passing but I'm so glad he is at peace. You have been such a support and a loving wife to him. I wish you strength for the days and weeks to come. Izzy x

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
At 6.30 this morning, I heard the doorbell go. I was surprised that Billy hadn't barked, but I got up, took the chain off, unlocked the door, and nobody was there. But I knew it was John saying goodbye.

Sure enough about half an hour later, they rang from the Home, and I knew what they would say, and I told them at what time he'd died. I went to see him, and he looked at peace. His log sheet showed he was seen at 6.20, and the staff were going past his room, all the time, so I am fairly positive that he rang the bell to say goodbye.

I am just so pleased he's free from pain, and at peace. The doctor came whilst I was there, and discussed with me the certificate, and he is putting Dementia as the cause of death, as this avoids a post mortem.

I've made an appointment at the Funeral Home for Monday, I'll be registering the death at the Registry Office tomorrow, and I've unpacked my grocery delivery. I'm just glad that I had nearly 50 years of love, with a most wonderful husband, father and grandfather.

So pleased John is now at rest but so sad for you. I am thinking of you especially at this time of the year. God Bless you and I send you a big hug.

Take care
disi x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Scarlett

50 good years is an achievement not many manage these days. I'm sure you have many wonderful memories of your life together. I hope they bring you comfort.

Your dear John is at peace now after much suffering.

Please accept my sincere condolences .

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
...as they say in It's a Wonderful life....." every time you hear a bell ring, another angel is getting his wings".....
Fly on up, John.... Thinking of you Scarlett.x.x.