Day by day

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Oh dear, I have just realised that this was our wedding anniversary- 37 years. How could I forget. When I told hubby he just smirked as if to say, not just my memory that’s bad.
Respite day, a short walk, sandwich and ice cream in cafe, then home to do some work in garden, a perfect day.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Well done @SeaSwallow for short notice arrangements for your "perfect day". I hope you had good weather. It was hot and sunny here, just right for ice cream and a walk.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Sorry to hear about your nighttime woes @SeaSwallow, takes me back to an earlier point in mum's journey so I understand how challenging/frustrating it can be :(

On a lighter note happy anniversary :) I sometimes forget a thing or two (biggies as well), hmm possibly a lot more so I think you're allowed!!

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Thank you everyone, first time in 37 years that I forgot.
But I did have a lovely respite afternoon and it didn’t rain for once.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
I was sound asleep just now when hubby woke up yelling my name and saying that someone was in the house. I reassured him, he went back to sleep and I am wide awake.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hubby rather confused today. He totally forgot that his daughter had been visiting and she only left yesterday. And he had problems remembering our grandson. Then he just looked so sad and asked the old question, why is this happening to me.

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
It’s not me asking if there is a reason but my husband who has dementia. So your question does not apply.
I don't see it as unreasonable for anyone to wonder 'Why me' whether they are the PWD or the carer. Life doesn't seem fair when you look at how evil some people are who never seem to suffer. It's just a human response even if does seem unreasonable to some.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
I don't see it as unreasonable for anyone to wonder 'Why me' whether they are the PWD or the carer. Life doesn't seem fair when you look at how evil some people are who never seem to suffer. It's just a human response even if does seem unreasonable to some.
Thank you @jay6 you expressed this much better than I did.