Day by day

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oh dear, can’t sleep so sitting on phone. Hubby was in one of his moods earlier. Now he is sleeping and I am wide awake. Grrrrr
I am having difficulty walking and it’s so annoying as all my own fault. I managed to trip up a kerb when out for a walk a couple of days ago. Next day my toes felt more and more sore. I now have some lovely bruising and cannot wear ordinary shoes, so am either bare foot or wearing sandals.
Don’t think I will be on a long walk for a few more days.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Sore feet are a nightmare @Sea Swallow. The bane of my life.
I hope you heal well and quickly.

Another bad night for you. That doesn`t help the healing process for sure.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Thank you @Izzy and @Grannie G The foot is slightly better this morning but I will not be able to go for my Monday respite walk, so will have to find something else to do.

Hubby is still in bad form this morning so I am just looking here on Talking Point and planning for a family visit later in the week.

jennifer1967

ouch!! i hope you recover soon and able to do your walks again. do you think your hubby is reacting to your accident and sore feet?

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
ouch!! i hope you recover soon and able to do your walks again. do you think your hubby is reacting to your accident and sore feet?
No because I did not tell him about the accident as he would only tell me I was stupid. Unfortunately he does have these episodes at times. They are less frequent since he started on the Memantine but they do not stop them completely.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Definitely could not go for my walk today as foot still sore but managed some work in the garden. Weeded the greenhouse, watered the plants and just generally pottered about. The good thing was that because it was a respite day I did not have to keep checking on hubby.

jennifer1967

Definitely could not go for my walk today as foot still sore but managed some work in the garden. Weeded the greenhouse, watered the plants and just generally pottered about. The good thing was that because it was a respite day I did not have to keep checking on hubby.
that in itself helps and you can do so much more without the interruptions. i find the same when he goes to the shed and more relaxed. keep an eye on that foot and maybe some painkillers tohelp

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
I have had an awful 12 hours with hubby. It started at 4 in the afternoon yesterday when he accused me of not letting him go anywhere. This is not true, I have been trying to get him to go to Men’s Shed or other similar groups and he just won’t. He kept calming down then starting up again about various things. Just on and on and on. Called me some horrible names, told me I should change back to my maiden name and insulted my sisters. Said he wanted to go in a nursing home so got me to do some calculations, he does this because he thinks that it annoys me. Then about an hour ago he woke me up accusing me of stealing his bankers card which he then found in his wallet, I had only just got over to sleep. I sort of lost it then and ended up in tears. Had a bit of a row, told him exactly what I felt so now he is watching television and I am just so tired.
The awful thing is that when these episodes are over he cannot remember a thing but I feel a deep resentment for days.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
So hubby has come back to bed talking as if nothing has happened whilst I have a splitting headache and am still fuming 😡

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Oh @SeaSwallow thats not good. Any chance he might have a UTI? You’ve probably considered this. I’m just clutching at straws. I hope the day is better for you.

canary

It started at 4 in the afternoon yesterday
As it started in the afternoon and went on all night, but he can no longer remember any of it in the morning, Im thinking sundowning. This was the exact pattern of mums sundowning too.

I cant remember - have you tried something like lorazepam in the afternoons before it starts?

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oh @SeaSwallow thats not good. Any chance he might have a UTI? You’ve probably considered this. I’m just clutching at straws. I hope the day is better for you.
Thank you @Izzy No sign of UTI, hubby does have these episodes now and again, this just lasted longer than usual. Totally back to normal and no recollection of what happened.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
As it started in the afternoon and went on all night, but he can no longer remember any of it in the morning, Im thinking sundowning. This was the exact pattern of mums sundowning too.

I cant remember - have you tried something like lorazepam in the afternoons before it starts?
I have lorazepam for emergencies but when he is like that he is totally paranoid and will not take anything from me. But back to normal today, long may it last.