Bedtime problems

JayDeeEmm

Mar 29, 2020
I am finding it increasingly difficult at night to get my husband to come to bed. A carer comes in and gets him washed and into his pjs. But when it comes to actually going to bed he puts up a lot of resistance - shouting, searing, hitting out. I've tried leaving him and then coming back 10 mons later but it's still the same. This can go on for an hour easily. I don't want to go to sleep leaving him up and moving about. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
I don't want to go to sleep leaving him up and moving about.
Hi @JayDeeEmm , that's exactly what I do. I lock myself in my bedroom and go to bed. I have noticed my presence is useless or even counterproductive. Just like a stroppy child, the more I try to persuade my husband , the more obstinate he gets. I must have become a bit paranoid, but I often feel I'm being emotionally blackmailed by him

JayDeeEmm

Mar 29, 2020
Thanks to all who responded. I'll look at the links and get an idea of what to do / expect. Thank you all again.

Reds

Sep 5, 2011
Hertfordshire
I alter the close so its an hour earlier without my husband knowing which really helps! He thinks he is going at 10 pm but its 9 pm or it gets more difficult to get him to go to bed. Reading time for me!

Reds

JayDeeEmm

Mar 29, 2020
I alter the close so its an hour earlier without my husband knowing which really helps! He thinks he is going at 10 pm but its 9 pm or it gets more difficult to get him to go to bed. Reading time for me!

Reds
Thats an idea. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare