Aggression and accusations

Jilly606

Dec 7, 2017
Hi, 3 years into my dads diagnosis, he’s becoming aggressive, and mum has her first bruise from him. He can’t remember these episodes later in the day, but it’s becoming more common on a daily basis where he talks down to my mum, nasty to her, accuses her of having an affair 20 years ago which isn’t true, he won’t allow my mum to tell anyone, she’s scared if he finds out she’s told me he’ll get angry with her, he’s starting to say terrible things in front of my children but sometimes he’s just back to normal with no problems :( at our wits end, I know he won’t go see anyone, won’t got to Docs’s etc

Xeenies

May 19, 2014
Hi, 3 years into my dads diagnosis, he’s becoming aggressive, and mum has her first bruise from him. He can’t remember these episodes later in the day, but it’s becoming more common on a daily basis where he talks down to my mum, nasty to her, accuses her of having an affair 20 years ago which isn’t true, he won’t allow my mum to tell anyone, she’s scared if he finds out she’s told me he’ll get angry with her, he’s starting to say terrible things in front of my children but sometimes he’s just back to normal with no problems :( at our wits end, I know he won’t go see anyone, won’t got to Docs’s etc
Sorry to hear this. I’m about 4 years into my dads diagnosis. If it helps I think it will pass. My dad used to constantly tell my mum to get a new husband, that she was a man hater and wouldn’t let him do anything which wasn’t true, but he’s stopped now.

Jilly606

Dec 7, 2017
fingers crossed xeenies, a few hours light relief today where he seemed to go back to normal, as if this last few days hasn’t happened, but nasty dad is resurfacing as we speak.

Not sure how helpful social services are going to be, he doesn’t think anything is wrong with him, he wouldn’t let memory clinic duty officer in yesterday, they were intimated by him and walked away saying they can’t help if he won’t engage, so that was pointless, they diagnosed him in the first place!! My dad wouldn’t let social services near him, why can’t memory clinic listen to what we’re saying and try some other meds? They would if he was in a home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare