Can I ... Should I?

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sam, you have been in my thoughts today (((hugs))).

We don't leave home until 12 midday on Sunday, my seasickness patch will go on at breakfast time (they last for 3 days each).

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sam and her family should be very proud of themselves. They did her mother proud
I felt the service was lovely

She sends her thanks for all your support and will no doubt be in contact with you all soon

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Sam and her family should be very proud of themselves. They did her mother proud
I felt the service was lovely

She sends her thanks for all your support and will no doubt be in contact with you all soon
Am glad the day went as well as it could for Sam her brother and all family and friends

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Margi29

I could have done with a Thai meal, although I did manage to get a few rolls down me, I will have to get into proper eating habits again soon.

My “friend” who made many noises about coming round, we must meet up etc, but never did, well didn’t she contact me yesterday to say she was thinking of me. Whoop Dee do. Seems I am “friend” material again now there is no dementia. I’m really not interested

I raised a few too many glasses myself last night. I’m grateful I have many good memories of Mum, Blackpool is certainly up there :) She mentioned it a fair amount so I’m sure she enjoyed it. It was my first trip on a tram :D

More travels are beckoning :p

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Sam, those glasses raised in your honour were well earned. You did everything you could to make your mum's last years comfortable and happy, despite the previous difficult relationship.

Someone on this site once said 'We do this, not because of who they are but because of who we are' and that is certainly true here.

I am sending lots of love to you and Pooch :)

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Morning @Margi29

I could have done with a Thai meal, although I did manage to get a few rolls down me, I will have to get into proper eating habits again soon.

My “friend” who made many noises about coming round, we must meet up etc, but never did, well didn’t she contact me yesterday to say she was thinking of me. Whoop Dee do. Seems I am “friend” material again now there is no dementia. I’m really not interested

I raised a few too many glasses myself last night. I’m grateful I have many good memories of Mum, Blackpool is certainly up there :) She mentioned it a fair amount so I’m sure she enjoyed it. It was my first trip on a tram :D

More travels are beckoning :p
Dad used to call them ' fair weather friends ' only there when things are good ;)
I've seen both family and so called 'friends' just head for the hills, no phone calls etc...it's hard, but....
I'm glad you raised one or more glasses to your lovely mum, she will be safe and happy now with your dad, free from pain xx

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi all

Interesting night with mum :eek:

We went to bed around 11, she really had no idea who I was, said ' I wish you were my daughter, your lovely '
Every hour up to 0300 she was up and down, looking for dad, looking for brother :rolleyes:

Eventually at around 02.30 she found a large tub of chocolates, then sat in bed happily eating away ( I had already made a toasted tea cake on arrival at mums)

This morning, she put a pair of trousers on, to say the trousers are snug , is an understatement :eek:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Margi, I'm sorry you had such a disturbed night :( I guess it is no surprise that the trousers are snug if chocolate is the thing that makes your mum happy :(

I have spent all morning looking for things that I have had in my hand at some stage over the past 48 hours. I have found the most important thing (my wallet, OH had been 'helpful' and put somewhere else) and have settled for 'Plan B' for everything else (eg putting my jewelery into a little box cos I have mislaid the little pouch I have especially for it) and it will be fine.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Margi, I'm sorry you had such a disturbed night :( I guess it is no surprise that the trousers are snug if chocolate is the thing that makes your mum happy :(

I have spent all morning looking for things that I have had in my hand at some stage over the past 48 hours. I have found the most important thing (my wallet, OH had been 'helpful' and put somewhere else) and have settled for 'Plan B' for everything else (eg putting my jewelery into a little box cos I have mislaid the little pouch I have especially for it) and it will be fine.
I too am going on holiday next week @Slugsta , I'd never trust my oh to have possession of anything important in readiness for holiday :eek:
First thing I pack is passports money, tickets, holiday insurance and oh medication.
Once those items are packed, then anything else is a bonus :D
We are going to a Greek island and hopefully a boat trip across to the island mama Mia was filmed on.
I've no sea legs, so that could be interesting for the other tourists on the boat :eek::(

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
While you are in Skopelos try the pie.
Are you staying on Skiathos?
Yes Troulos, on Skiathos. The pie ?? Is it the gorgeous cheese and spinach pie you mean ??
Love it, just need gaviscon for the heart burn though ha ha.
Never been to this island, our daughter recommended it.
@nitram

Last edited:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Have a great time Margi :)
Thank you, and you too, let us know how the cruise goes please, would love to go on a Caribbean cruise one day, but I'm definitely one to turn a shade of green on a boat :D
I'll see how the little boat ride goes next week :eek:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Is it the gorgeous cheese and spinach pie you mean ??

Yes, it's a typical spiral pie except that on Skopelos it's deep fried not baked.

We've enjoyed many holidays on Skiathos usually renting a villa, our last visit in 2006 was different, we scruffed it for 3 weeks in a one room apartment over the customs office, ideal for one of our favourite pastimes - people, and in this case boat, watching.
Skiathos 2006 011.JPG

There's a bus that goes up and down the length of the island, stops are all numbered making it easy to shout out when you want the bus to stop.

On our last visit instead of using the bus we hired luxury transport, that's me just going out of view.

Skiathos 2006 111.JPG