In need of a virtual hug

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi Lou,thank you as ever for your kind words and support, sorry to hear that you had similar... So they didn't cover your damage ? makes you wonder sometimes why we pay our premiums doesn't it, we have had the official " decline " of our claim today so have contacted the insurance ombudsman and they are going to look into but I'm not hopeful but its worth a try
how is your mum Lou is she OK ? have things been any better at work today
Thanks again my friend you take care too xx
Rob,if you are about I hope that c will feel up to going to the lunch club tomorrow.... Please let us know xx

At present not confident for tomorrow Gill, but hopefully the carer from the agency will come just in time to get C ready to go out the door and that might help. I will let you know what happens though.

Sorry to hear about your insurance not paying out, good luck with the ombudsman. Sleep well if you can.

Evening Lou, hope you and your mum are well. Glad you liked the snowdrops, just took them for C as a little reminder spring is almost here.

All the best to you and to Jenny and Shedrech if you're reading.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Good evening gill and rob , we are becoming night owls ;-) . Mind you it's not by choice . I really hope you do get somewhere with the ombudsman gill . We didn't get any money to repair the roof but I hope you do . I hope C goes to the lunch club tomorrow Rob and you get a bit of time to yourself . You are a wonderful photographer, is this a hobby or was it your profession . The photos you take are just perfect - my mum and I love them . We are both doing ok , still enjoying our wee trips to various places , enjoying our stops for coffee and cake . Sometimes we have company but on the whole it's just the two of us . I was treated to a lovely facial today by one of my friends so I'm feeling all refreshed. Work is really busy just now . I think everyone thinks winter is over and that we should be seeing a decline of patients admitted to hospital but sadly it's not the case . I'm interviewing for staff tomorrow so fingers crossed it goes well and I choose well. I've been lucky so far , so hopefully that will continue . Best wishes to you both , take care of yourselves . Xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Good evening gill and rob , we are becoming night owls ;-) . Mind you it's not by choice . I really hope you do get somewhere with the ombudsman gill . We didn't get any money to repair the roof but I hope you do . I hope C goes to the lunch club tomorrow Rob and you get a bit of time to yourself . You are a wonderful photographer, is this a hobby or was it your profession . The photos you take are just perfect - my mum and I love them . We are both doing ok , still enjoying our wee trips to various places , enjoying our stops for coffee and cake . Sometimes we have company but on the whole it's just the two of us . I was treated to a lovely facial today by one of my friends so I'm feeling all refreshed. Work is really busy just now . I think everyone thinks winter is over and that we should be seeing a decline of patients admitted to hospital but sadly it's not the case . I'm interviewing for staff tomorrow so fingers crossed it goes well and I choose well. I've been lucky so far , so hopefully that will continue . Best wishes to you both , take care of yourselves . Xx

Oh rob, I do hope that c will feel like it tomorrow so that you can grab a little time for yourself, I agree with Lou about your photographic skills, I've pinched ( well downloaded) all the photos that you have posted
I will keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow xx
good luck with the interviews tomorrow Lou,pleased to hear that you and your mum are still going out together for coffee and cake,I might just join you one day my friend xx
about your roof...that must of been terribly expensive for you
and I'm moaning about the repair bill we are facing...thank you both for wishing me luck with the ombudsman... I will keep you posted.....well goodnight night owls,sleep well xx

crybaby

Jan 8, 2017
in need of a hug

Yes I should think you would of !!!

I think most of us feel the need for a hug, even a virtual hug, quite a lot when you have to take care of someone with these problems - here's a big one from me!!!

My husband has something called Posterior Cortical atrophy, the visual variant of Alzheimer's, which means that his sight and special awareness are going down the tubes - Ok I think we can both cope with this, but unfortunately (for me) he's read a book by a well known author called Terry Pritchett, who also suffered from this, in which he said that one of his problems was that he shouted all the time - now my husband seems to think that this was a "book of instruction" and shouts at me all the time. I ask him to stop but he says that he has Alzheimer's and that's what happens.

He also has almost total body arthritis, and can't walk much, so after a day of fetching and carrying everything, cutting up his fruit and having all the shouting too, I'm worn out - could I have a hug too, please?

thank you for letting me vent a bit

Love to all

crybaby

kristinalva

Jan 25, 2017
Bournemouth
Hi everyone . Hope your doing ok exhausted and are feeling better , is your dad feeling better ? I really hope soHow are you also rob and Heidi ? I hope your loved ones are doing ok ? I am in london just now having a very nice overnight while my mum is being looked after by my sister . It is absolutely freezing but I don't care , it's just nice to get away . Take care everyone , speak soon .

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I think most of us feel the need for a hug, even a virtual hug, quite a lot when you have to take care of someone with these problems - here's a big one from me!!!

My husband has something called Posterior Cortical atrophy, the visual variant of Alzheimer's, which means that his sight and special awareness are going down the tubes - Ok I think we can both cope with this, but unfortunately (for me) he's read a book by a well known author called Terry Pritchett, who also suffered from this, in which he said that one of his problems was that he shouted all the time - now my husband seems to think that this was a "book of instruction" and shouts at me all the time. I ask him to stop but he says that he has Alzheimer's and that's what happens.

He also has almost total body arthritis, and can't walk much, so after a day of fetching and carrying everything, cutting up his fruit and having all the shouting too, I'm worn out - could I have a hug too, please?

Love to all

crybaby

Hullo crybaby, welcome to our thread. Sorry your husband has Alzheimer and arthritis, my lovely partner C has Vascular Dementia and limited mobility too due partly to arthritis. You can certainly have a hug from me, especially if husband has taken to shouting all the time. That's going to be stressful beyond words.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening Gill, evening Lou, evening everybody.

C made it to the lunch club and after all my stress about getting carers in early she didn't actually have to be there until nearer quarter to 12, so we could have had an extra hour in bed. :eek::) She did enjoy it though and said there was only one old codger :D there, the rest were lovely and friendly. She even met a fellow German, so got a chance to speak in her native tongue. I managed to have a sandwich in a café, get to counselling, have a lovely walk in the spring sunshine and a quick beer. A very successful day. :)

Hope you are all well and your interviewing went well Lou. All the best, Rob

crybaby

Jan 8, 2017
need a hug

Hullo crybaby, welcome to our thread. Sorry your husband has Alzheimer and arthritis, my lovely partner C has Vascular Dementia and limited mobility too due partly to arthritis. You can certainly have a hug from me, especially if husband has taken to shouting all the time. That's going to be stressful beyond words.

Thank you so much, Nae Spartan, that meant so much - do you find that even a short chat with anyone healthy is a help!?

crybaby (not just my user name!)

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you so much, Nae Spartan, that meant so much - do you find that even a short chat with anyone healthy is a help!?

crybaby (not just my user name!)

I find massage therapy to be a lovely relaxing place to talk about C's illness and just to chat in a quiet space about everything and nothing. Apart from that, I actually need to get out and talk to people more. Can you join a local care support group or just escape to yoga or anything to take your mind off it all for an hour. All the best to you crybaby ( I think we've all felt like a good cry)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening Gill, evening Lou, evening everybody.

C made it to the lunch club and after all my stress about getting carers in early she didn't actually have to be there until nearer quarter to 12, so we could have had an extra hour in bed. :eek::) She did enjoy it though and said there was only one old codger :D there, the rest were lovely and friendly. She even met a fellow German, so got a chance to speak in her native tongue. I managed to have a sandwich in a café, get to counselling, have a lovely walk in the spring sunshine and a quick beer. A very successful day. :)

Hope you are all well and your interviewing went well Lou. All the best, Rob

That's brilliant rob !! I know what you mean about arranging carers if you had to go anywhere but anyway I'm really pleased she enjoyed it ...and only one old codger !!! ha ha !!! ( c and my dad sound very similar with their view of other people )
and how nice that she could chat away in German to someone...I'm really pleased for you that c went today...and you had a little break....let's hope she will want to go again next week....thank you for letting us know rob, I did wondered again today if c had gone ...sure Lou will be pleased too when she has chance to read it ...take care xx

Last edited:

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent

Love to all

crybaby

Here a big hug from me (((( )))) you can vent away on here anytime crybaby ...welcome to our little thread xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
That's brilliant rob !! I know what you mean about arranging carers if you had to go anywhere but anyway I'm really pleased she enjoyed it ...and only one old codger !!! ha ha !!! ( c and my dad sound very similar with their view of other people )
and how nice that she could chat away in German to someone...I'm really pleased for you that c went today...and you had a little break....let's hope she will want to go again next week....thank you for letting us know rob, I did wondered again today if c had gone ...sure Lou will be pleased too when she has chance to read it ...take care xx

Thanks Gill. Hope you are well and get some sleep tonight. :)

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
What great news Rob . I'm so glad c managed to get to the lunch club and you had a few , well deserved hours of me time ! Sounds like you used every minute . I'm ' tickled pink' that it worked out today . Also getting the opportunity to communicate in her native tongue , how lovely for her . Fingers crossed this becomes more regular for her , so that it gives you some respite .
Evening Gill , hope your doing ok and sleeping a bit better . You will always be very welcome to join my mum and I on our weekend trips , my dear friend .
Hello crybaby , welcome to our wee thread and I'm sending you a virtual hug as I feel you certainly need it . You have got such a lot on your plate . Dementia controls and ruins everything but whatever it throws at us most of us still seem to plod on . However it's particularly hard when someone is angry and shouts at you when your trying to help . We know they don't mean it but it still hurts. Do you have family to support you . It's very hard managing alone . Keep posting to let us know how you are and allow us to give you a hug when your in need of one .
Hello kristinalva, welcome to our thread . That's good that your having a lovely time in London , I love it . I've been a few times and love all the atmosphere , the theatres and shopping . It's put me in the mood for a trip myself soon . I think everyone who regularly pops on our wee thread could be doing with a break away , especially Gill who lost her dear dad recently and has been unwell . She has had to deal with recovering from an operation while coping with her grief . Also rob and his wife C , it would be so lovely if they could get a break . Enjoy London and let us know how you get on .
Best wishes everyone , hope you and your family keep well . Xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
What great news Rob . I'm so glad c managed to get to the lunch club and you had a few , well deserved hours of me time ! Sounds like you used every minute . I'm ' tickled pink' that it worked out today . Also getting the opportunity to communicate in her native tongue , how lovely for her . Fingers crossed this becomes more regular for her , so that it gives you some respite .
Evening Gill , hope your doing ok and sleeping a bit better . You will always be very welcome to join my mum and I on our weekend trips , my dear friend .
Hello crybaby , welcome to our wee thread and I'm sending you a virtual hug as I feel you certainly need it . You have got such a lot on your plate . Dementia controls and ruins everything but whatever it throws at us most of us still seem to plod on . However it's particularly hard when someone is angry and shouts at you when your trying to help . We know they don't mean it but it still hurts. Do you have family to support you . It's very hard managing alone . Keep posting to let us know how you are and allow us to give you a hug when your in need of one .
Hello kristinalva, welcome to our thread . That's good that your having a lovely time in London , I love it . I've been a few times and love all the atmosphere , the theatres and shopping . It's put me in the mood for a trip myself soon . I think everyone who regularly pops on our wee thread could be doing with a break away , especially Gill who lost her dear dad recently and has been unwell . She has had to deal with recovering from an operation while coping with her grief . Also rob and his wife C , it would be so lovely if they could get a break . Enjoy London and let us know how you get on .
Best wishes everyone , hope you and your family keep well . Xx
Thank you Lou for explaining about dad for me to our new members,didn't quite know how to put it,its an easy mistake just reading through perhaps the first page of our thread...so thank you my friend...are you exhausted after today's interviews ? ....would love to join you and your mum for coffee or perhaps something a little stronger !!!...who knows maybe one day.....its good news for rob isn't it,I thought that you would be pleased
well sleep well my friend if you are able...( is your mum still singing in her sleep ? ) night night xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Evening Gill, your very welcome . Yes , my mum still sings in her sleep and even more when she's awake . She's a happy wee soul :) . I had a very exhausting day yesterday but think we chose well . You do feel so sorry for them,, being so nervous and knowing that they are really good nurses but maybe can't convey that well enough in interview. They all done pretty well but the 2 we picked just had the edge . I'm on holiday next week so I've got a few wee lunches and nights out planned . One of my sisters is helping out in the evening but I will go out during the day when my mum is at her day centre . Did you sleep any better last night ? Hope your feeling a bit better . Take care my friend , speak again soon . Hope you get a good nights rest . Xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening Gill, your very welcome . Yes , my mum still sings in her sleep and even more when she's awake . She's a happy wee soul :) . I had a very exhausting day yesterday but think we chose well . You do feel so sorry for them,, being so nervous and knowing that they are really good nurses but maybe can't convey that well enough in interview. They all done pretty well but the 2 we picked just had the edge . I'm on holiday next week so I've got a few wee lunches and nights out planned . One of my sisters is helping out in the evening but I will go out during the day when my mum is at her day centre . Did you sleep any better last night ? Hope your feeling a bit better . Take care my friend , speak again soon . Hope you get a good nights rest . Xxx

Hi Lou, yes I'm still awake !!! pleased that you were able to select two nurses....are they able to start soon. ?
Your mum does sound a happy wee soul...bless her
I'm pleased to read that you are on holiday next week and even better that you have some plans...you go ahead and enjoy yourself my friend...you deserve it
going to go now goodnight, sleep well if you can xxxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Morning Gill, hope you slept well eventually.

Morning Lou, wished I had understanding bosses like you when I went to job interviews. Enjoy your week off and hope the weather lets you get off for a few teas and cakes.

All the best Jenny, Shedrech and crybaby if you are still reading.

We tired ourselves out yesterday talking with the neighbours, so quiet day at W Rose and maybe a wee pint on the back.

Have a good day everyone.