New Year's Eve

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thank you Saffie. Hogmanay as we call it up here was special to Henry and I, and I miss our special wee celebration just we two. In early years the family all came here, Christmas and New Year's day but the passing years bring inevitable changes. Although the unwelcome presence of dementia in our lives is another matter. And only on TP can we understand all that entails.

As you say, feelings of sadness. it was a difficult day. Also New Year's Day Henry's birthday. But I did have a late lift of spirits before the old year was out. Will write about it when I can manage on my thread. Despite the sadness, aloneness, I'd rather be on my own with it. I don't think I could 'put a face on it' as per usual at this time of year in the company of others.

Easier though with the Festive Season phone calls and Texts! :)

I thought of so many here for whom Christmas and New Year is difficult, and I hope 2016 can be as Guid a New Year as is possible.

Hope you got through it, Saffie, but not helped by a nasty cold.

Thank you and many many others for helping me so much, TP friendships are unique and precious beyond words.

With love and appreciation, and empathy

Loo xxx

Last edited:

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you Saffie.

I was away last night, staying with my friend who has understanding of how I feel. We had spent a lovely day together, taking a high speed trip up the Thames before having lunch and then visiting her partner in his care home. It was even better because I met up with one of the nurses from Roger's care home; he is a lovely man and was always wonderful with both Roger and me too. He came to Rogers funeral too.

I am glad that the whole "season" is over and we can all return to normal again, dealing with day to day issues as they arise.

I send my best wishes to everyone for 2016. xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Thank you Loo and Jan. I have to say I'm glad it's all over.
It sounds a lovely day Jan. How lovely to see that carer again.
I'd have cried. I bet you did too!
I wrote more here but then though I'd respond on a less seasonal thread.
I hope everyone has survived the double celebration and now we look ahead to 2016 and wonder what is next for us all.
I hope fate and fortune are kind to everyone. xxx

boxer

Jan 15, 2013
South-East London
Last Christmas and new year my Dad was still with us and I just don't know how the family coped. This time it's been easier but we all miss our Dad and Grandad very much. I also lost my lovely father-in-law six weeks after my Dad and they were friends.

I still miss my Mum very much and she would also have had her 83rd birthday on Xmas Day and she was my Dad's main carer until 2013 when she passed away with secondary breast cancer in August 13.

I was dreading New Year's Eve and my two sisters said they couldn't come to a celebration this year at the last moment due to health issues but I knew my aunt and uncle and cousins and friends would be there so reluctantly went along.

There were tears and laughter and singing auld lang syne but I knew my Mum and Dad would be up singing and dancing along so it helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch