Mum's life and organising funeral and things

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
@jugglingmum do you know which cemetery they are buried in? Whoever manages it should be able to help you.
Last year we finally scattered Mum’s and Dad’s ashes. Mum near the river where she grew up and Dad by his Mum, Dad and brother.
we knew which cemetery they were buried in and that my Uncle died first in 1950. In this area of the cemetery, the burials started in 1949 so it should be near the entrance. Unfortunately we were looking for a large headstone and missed it and ended up searching the whole cemetery. We went back to the beginning and found it. It was marked was a small stone which only had my Uncle‘s name and had tipped forward. We made a not of the What 3 Words location for future reference.

We think we do, but we've spoken to the council and they've assured us all graves are recorded and it's not on the list under any spelling. I'm not convinced as last actual burial was around 1973 but the interment of my dad's ashes was done 'officially' with a catholic priest present I recall being told.

I never visited it as a child, it was the town my Grandpa lived in.

The graveyard was first used in the 1920s so early enough.

If I don't get anywhere I will go and look, but it is a 3 hour journey each way in good traffic .......

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Confusing bit is mum said catholic graveyard but churches in that town say always used council graveyard.
Canon Law
Can.1240 §1. Where possible, the Church is to have its own cemeteries or at least areas in civil cemeteries that are designated for the deceased members of the faithful and properly blessed.
§2. If this cannot be achieved, however, then individual graves are to be properly blessed

Can.1180 §1. If a parish has its own cemetery, the deceased members of the faithful must be buried in it unless the deceased or those competent to take care of the burial of the deceased have chosen another cemetery legitimately.
§2. Everyone, however, is permitted to choose the cemetery of burial unless prohibited by law.