Forget me not: a space to share your memories and photos

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you @Izzy and @GillP

It is a special photo and brings a lot of comfort to see how contented and smiley he was after so many years of anger, frustration, paranoia and unhappiness.

Graybiker

Oct 3, 2017
County Durham
The 2nd time mam had respite care, in the home she eventually moved to.
I love this picture, mam looks so loving & trusting. I think that’s what gets me, they both have absolute trust in me. It’s wonderful ❤️
Hoping I’ve done the picture thing right

Attachments

• IMG_3978.jpeg
    IMG_3978.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 139

Graybiker

Oct 3, 2017
County Durham
so full of love
That’s what I see, and I’m so happy she felt that way right to the end.
You know, when she was taken to hospital, unresponsive, they took her to a ward & put her on a bed & she jolted awake. She said something and I bent down to ask her what she said. She just turned and kissed my cheek. Heartbreaking, but so lovely.
And now I’m in bits, but it’s probably good for me.
So grateful for all the lovely replies, means a lot
x

Graybiker

Oct 3, 2017
County Durham
I do realise how lucky I was re mam’s dementia. I know how personalities can change & she was very suspicious of dad for quite a while. But I was blessed that when she sought refuge she came to me. Towards the end she often mistook me for a cousin of hers, but the way she always greeted me with a huge smile and a hug meant the world to me. As an aside the staff in the home said she talked about me all the time, which was a great comfort. She thought of me as someone safe & who loved her, I could ask no more than that .
Miss her so much
x