Forget me not: a space to share your memories and photos

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
I was determined not to lose dad's secrets and sometimes I'm still looking for that magic touch.

MaNaAk
Looks wonderful. It’s always difficult to recreate a recipe exactly as there are so many variables. Im sure that you have done your Dad proud, the secret ingredient is the love you shared.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Looks wonderful. It’s always difficult to recreate a recipe exactly as there are so many variables. Im sure that you have done your Dad proud, the secret ingredient is the love you shared.
Thankyou @GillP.

I still feel sad when I go into dad's friend's shop and see his favourite Chili condiment on the shelf.

MaNaAk

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Today, just before midnight, marks the first anniversary of my dear Mum's passing. Can't quite believe a whole year has gone by; but I do think about her every day. ❤️❤️ She was lively, vivacious, and strong lady, who knew her own mind, and I miss not being able to share and confide as we once used to. Anyway, this photo is a lovely memory of how she was in her early 60's , some 30 years ago!! She liked the odd glass of bubbles 🥂🥂; always bought some rosieness to her cheeks, which we used to tease her about!. I think it was a birthday celebration, and Dad had taken her away somewhere, to mark the occasion. I just wanted to remember the good times, and just look how happy she is. xxx

Mum on holiday.jpg

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Your post really made me smile @Gosling 💙.

That’s a beautiful photo of your mum and your sentiments are equally beautiful. 💙

Remember the good times - that’s certainly my mantra now. 💙

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sharing and confiding are two really big gaps in our lives when we are dealing with loss @Gosling.

That is such a lovely photo of your Mum.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
I love this picture of Ray.
FB_IMG_1671770499408.jpg
l haven't been on here for some time but have never forgotten the kindness I received through my journey with Ray with vascular dementia. It was eleven years since he died on September 19th. Gone but never forgotten.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @sunray. It`s good to see you on line again. I hope you are well.

Eleven years! It`s hard to believe. It is indeed a lovely photo of Ray.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
A lovely photo @sunray.

It’s good to see you here. 11 years, goodness. Where does the time go?
Izzy, I just seem to go on with some kind of routine built into my life and the time goes by. At 76 the issue of health and fitness comes into view and I'm slowed down to what I was at the end of Ray's life. But I'm here and life goes on. My children and grandchildren are all living a long way away but Trev and Alice come here first week of every school holiday and last year I managed to see all six grandchildren. I guess this is similar to most widows my age.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s ten years today since Dhiren died

SAM_0365.jpeg

This was taken two years before he died. He was still able to enjoy his birthday and the care home staff went to a lot of trouble to make sure he knew it was his special day, even though we had to keep reminding him.