Say hello and introduce yourself

AdieB

Apr 26, 2024
Hi there
My Mum was diagnosed with alzheimers on 10th April after what seemed like such a lengthy journey….

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Hello @AdieB and welcome. Sometimes it’s a relief to get a diagnosis at last and sometimes it’s difficult to have your suspicions confirmed. You will find a lot of support and advice on here and please just ask if you have any questions, we’ve all been there,

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello from me too, more than 10 years on here wife first then mum, it can be a long time
All here to listen and help i and where we can.
K

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @AdieB and welcome to Dementia Support Forum our friendly and helpful community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. I am sorry to hear about your Mum but sure that by joining us you will find support and good suggestions to help you deal with whatever the future holds.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome from me too @AdieB.

I’m sorry to hear about your mum but I’m really glad you’ve found this forum. You’ll find understanding and support here. When you’re ready you might find it helpful to start a thread of your own in this area of the forum -

It would be a place to tell us about your situation, share concerns, ask questions - and if you need to just to let off steam.

AdieB

Apr 26, 2024
Hello from me too, more than 10 years on here wife first then mum, it can be a long time
All here to listen and help i and where we can.
K
Hello @AdieB and welcome. Sometimes it’s a relief to get a diagnosis at last and sometimes it’s difficult to have your suspicions confirmed. You will find a lot of support and advice on here and please just ask if you have any questions, we’ve all been there,
Thank you 💙

AdieB

Apr 26, 2024
Thank you💙