Husband is newly diagnosed-but I told the local medical services he had it six years ago!

annieka 56

Aug 8, 2022
That is exactly the same experience we had with my OH. When we moved here, he already had a diagnosis from where we used to live in an EU country. I brought the medical records and test results with me. He had an appointment at the Mental Health Unit, presumably to check his diagnosis and meds were correct. He had a scan which confirmed his previous one I brought. A follow up visit from a community psychiatric nurse who gave him a test - which was easy for him. I was told to leave the room during this. I was told when they’d finished that he was doing well, seemed fine and no need for her to come again. That was back in around 2016. Since then, zilch from anybody. Must definitely be a postcode lottery, I’m amazed at the visits and support some other people seem to have.

hillyjay

Jun 14, 2019
Doesn't anyone check his medications though? GP or the Mental Health Unit?
Nope. Though he was called for a ‘healthcheck’ at the GP surgery the other week, conducted by one of the nurses there. She asked him how he was managing. Did he feel he was about the same or a bit worse? That was more or less it. Medications - he just keeps on shovelling down the ones he’s been on for years.

annieka 56

Aug 8, 2022
Nope. Though he was called for a ‘healthcheck’ at the GP surgery the other week, conducted by one of the nurses there. She asked him how he was managing. Did he feel he was about the same or a bit worse? That was more or less it. Medications - he just keeps on shovelling down the ones he’s been on for years.