View RSS Feed

SWMBO1950

1. God Must Hate Me Update..................

Following a very lengthy (1 hour) consultation with my mothers doctor during which she went over everything very thoroughly and examined Mum, it transpires the soiling is due to faecal impaction (severe constipation with excess flooding around the blockage). Very unpleasant and it all makes sense now. We have medication which I hope will do the trick but it takes a few days so heres hoping. The doctor also said that even if mum was not really aware she probably was not feeling terribly well (all ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Help Please

My mother has dementia (?AZ) and is in her late 90s. She usually eats like a horse and looks forward to her meals but she has all of a sudden gone off her food and is eating very little even when I encourage her to eat a little more.

Is this what happens to dementia suffers eventually? Am I looking at an end stage of things?

Any advice appreciated.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. At least I am not alone.................... .

I look after my 97 year old mother (at her home) who has dementia with the help of carers. When I read the different blogs here it lets me know I am not alone and I can identify with many of the comments made.
    It can be a dark, lonely and frustrating place looking after someone with dementia but when I read some of the problems others have I feel at least I am not the only one in the world going through this.
    In addition to my mother my father in law has Alzeimers and has been in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized