Your tips: what would you say to someone worried about the long-term impact of the pandemic?

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Our magazine includes real life experiences with every issue, and they'd like to hear from you. This time, they're asking what advice would you give someone who's worried about the long-term impact of the coronavirus pandemic on people with dementia and their carers?

What advice would you give to someone reading the magazine that they might need to hear, or even to yourself?

Please add your comments below, and they may be featured in the next issue of the magazine.

Thanks everyone :)

avut

Jun 23, 2017
At the start of lockdown I thought I would sink but decided to swim. I did that by focusing on each day and not looking ahead . My OH has lewy body and has deteriorated during lockdown. It would be so easy to give in but whenever I think of the future I remember my mantra: focus on today,tomorrow will take care of itself.This life is tough dont be too hard on yourself .

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thank you @avut for sharing how you've been coping :) It sounds like focusing on one day at a time has been helpful for you.