You couldn't make it up!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Jinx that CH sounds lovely. Mum is also in a place that is residential EMI, but they like to keep the residents to the end and even in the time that mum has been there several people have passed away. I agree, its the care that is important and if it has a good feel then that is an excellent indicater. Dont leave it too long or the vacancies will be filled :eek:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Well we think we have found a care home, which is only 2.3 miles away in our council area. We were told about it by the Nurse Practitioner in the hospital but not by SS which seems strange as it has a couple of vacancies and no waiting list. This is ringing very loud warning bells but I have read the CSS reports for the past two years and both myself and my daughters visited at different times today AM and PM and came away feeling that whilst it is a bit dated it had a good feel about it. It is quite a large home with 53 beds in 3 separate units, but it is, in part, an old house set in lovely grounds with fabulous views. The manager is going to arrange to assess Bernard on Friday but our SW is on holiday until next Tuesday so appears nothing will happen till he's back.

Hoping that it works out as B is getting worse in hospital, much wandering, aggression and general unhappiness.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

My hubby was like that in hospital, Jinx. Now he's in care, he's absolutely thriving. I wish you the same blessing, and hope you get the home you like. Many blessings, xxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
The manager of the care home was supposed to be going to assess Bernard today but was struck down with 'man flu', so re-scheduled for Monday. Hope he's better by then! I can't wait for this to be sorted so we can move on and get B out of hospital. x

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
The manager of the care home was supposed to be going to assess Bernard today but was struck down with 'man flu', so re-scheduled for Monday. Hope he's better by then! I can't wait for this to be sorted so we can move on and get B out of hospital. x

Fingers crossed for you xxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk

Oh well, the last thing Bernard needs is to pick up a germ to take away with him. These things are sent to try us! All will be well, as I've learned.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Do hope things work out at the CH Jinx, and Bernard can get more settled. Being in hospital is never a restful experience, so hopefully Bernard will be a lot better in a calmer atmosphere.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
The assessment was done today I understand, although only from the staff nurse in hospital, but she was told the care home is happy to take Bernard. Social Worker back from his hols tomorrow so should know more about timing, next steps etc. if I can get hold of him. I suspect there won't be a move until next Monday as the home likes to take new people at the beginning of the week to be sure there is medical help at hand if needs be during the first few days. We'll need to get his room ready too. x

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
That sounds like good news Jinx, although this must be an emotional time for you. Glad that you have positive feelings about the CH though.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thinking of you Jinx, it is such a worrying time for you as l know what it is like, it will get better it has for me

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Glad to hear your news Jinx hope the move goes smoothly I am sure both you and Bernard will.be more relaxed as hospitals are always so busy xxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Just picked up an answer phone message from the SW left while I was visiting Bernard in hospital to say they're going to move him to the CH on Thursday! Doesn't give much time to get his room ready, but guess we can do some things tomorrow, and at least he'll be out of hospital. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sounds like good news Jinx. Hard to reach the stage of needing full time care, but a relief to find a place you are happy and comfortable with.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hopefully it will go ahead and poor Bernard can settle down away from the dreaded hospital.