You’ve got to laugh...

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Oh! Oh! I just looked at the beginning of this thread...and I just looked at The Bathrobe Company...and now I’m drooling. I have ...hang on, let me count...four dressing gowns. Can I justify another?

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
My husband bought me my robe the year before we were married so 1989. I still love it. Its too heavy for summertime, it is cosy winter robe. Still it is in excellent shape. My dressing room/closet is a tip.

Attachments

• bathrobes.JPG
    bathrobes.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 412

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
S

So, so happy for you! Don't these special times stick out now?! So much to be grateful for and it warms my heart to read your words.

I had a wonderful day last Friday. What set it on its happy path was my morning walk through the underpass to our campus. It goes under the main road and there's a reasonably good echo. I once saw a group of friends singing a round as they went through. Anyway on this morning there was a four-five year old on her father's shoulders, calling "ECHO! ECHO! ECHO!" all the way through. Everyone who entered the tunnel, students, staff, others - had Friday expressions on their faces, careworn, worried about funding cuts ... but within an instant people started smiling at the little girl's joy and lack of inhibition, and everyone emerged from the tunnel beaming and laughing.
What a lovely story and yes, you have got to try at least try and laugh, with them if possible but without if necessary! He is in a happy mood today and has had lovely messages from his nieces. So finally telling his family that he has Alzheimer’s has untapped a lot of love and affection. I was very relieved that our son has seen him as he is without me for several hours because he can’t keep up host mode that long. He commented this morning that our son had been able to see us as we lived which I thought showed insight. He patted his chair and said that this is where our son sat and we chatted but I said he should go home to his family. But he stayed. As E.M. Forster said in Howard’s End, Only Connect. Doing that can sometimes be hard or next to impossible but at least one must try.

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Oh! Oh! I just looked at the beginning of this thread...and I just looked at The Bathrobe Company...and now I’m drooling. I have ...hang on, let me count...four dressing gowns. Can I justify another?

OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Yo
You could get a kaftan. Doesn’t count then!

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
I know - me too
I was about to press Buy for my fave, which is the Renaissance one (same as Lawson58 who started this whole thing) but as luck would have it the credit card bill from our Sydney trip arrived as my finger was poised over the keyboard so I’ve got to wait a bit. I’ve got two dressing gowns, already excessive for Perth, hence when card bill is paid am planning kaftan as is DIFFERENT.

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Umm...that was exactly MY thought! But my favourite pattern is out of stock, so I will keep checking!
Edit...I replied to the wrong post...Kaftan for me too!
So which is your favourite pattern may one ask? No one is allowed to buy unaided.

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Ye
Really chuckled at that @carolynp A chuckle a day keeps the blues at bay! P.S. has anyone got their robe yet, I call it a robe because it is far superior to a mere dressing gown?
Yes! @Mudgee Joy has hers and has posted a photo of herself looking gorgeous in it, plus elegant Renaissance dog as accessory. Maybe if you Search her posts? Day before yesterday I think. Not sure which thread but I’ll have a look.

Last edited:

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I was about to press Buy for my fave, which is the Renaissance one (same as Lawson58 who started this whole thing) but as luck would have it the credit card bill from our Sydney trip arrived as my finger was poised over the keyboard so I’ve got to wait a bit. I’ve got two dressing gowns, already excessive for Perth, hence when card bill is paid am planning kaftan as is DIFFERENT.
Do you think I should ask the Bathrobe Company for Commission?