You’ve got to laugh...

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
Today was sorting out the clothes morning and it’s a job that he has never really liked so I have always helped. So I sorted out the cupboards and he lay on the bed at my suggestion because just the idea fatigued him and we would never have got it done otherwise. He kept saying that he had done enough now, but I just carried on until several items and pairs of old shoes that he would never throw away were put in a pile, by which time there was much sighing and he finally said that he was exhausted but he had done a good job! I really had to laugh while saying ‘what you?’ and he said ‘well we then’!

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I have been forced to do a bit of throwing out too. My youngest daughter and family are here for a week from the South of England and she commented on my dressing gown on the back of the bathroom door. I have had it for decades and it is still good as I never sit about in it. I am up and showered and dressed and no need for a gown.

However I then felt shamed into folding it up for the charity shop as she was threatening to go out and buy a new one for me. What shall I buy now that I won’t wear either? Towelling, velvet, who knows? I certainly don’t as I never wear them.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
One man went to market...
And he bought a bottle of milk. One man went to market...
And he bought a bottle of milk and a bag of fruit. One man went to market...
And he bought a bottle of milk, a bag of fruit and a bottle of rosé.
One woman went to market and took back the rosé and got a refund!

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I have been forced to do a bit of throwing out too. My youngest daughter and family are here for a week from the South of England and she commented on my dressing gown on the back of the bathroom door. I have had it for decades and it is still good as I never sit about in it. I am up and showered and dressed and no need for a gown.

However I then felt shamed into foldinggoing to live in the Cari it up for the charity shop as she was threatening to go out and buy a new one for me. What shall I buy now that I won’t wear either? Towelling, velvet, who knows? I certainly don’t as I never wear them.

I'm not one for sitting around in dressing gowns either, showering first thing in the morning.
But I have 2 dressing gowns and am not ready to part with them yet. The summer one is an African print that I bought in Oxford sixteen years ago and the winter one is the most gorgeous exotic thing that cost me a fortune at Covent Garden perhaps a year earlier and I think I have used it 3-4 times.

The funny thing is that when we left to move to the Caribbean I gave it to my daughter thinking it would be useless but when we came back to Australia she returned it because it was too heavy for her. So they can hang around in the wardrobe for a little longer.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I'm not one for sitting around in dressing gowns either, showering first thing in the morning.
But I have 2 dressing gowns and am not ready to part with them yet. The summer one is an African print that I bought in Oxford sixteen years ago and the winter one is the most gorgeous exotic thing that cost me a fortune at Covent Garden perhaps a year earlier and I think I have used it 3-4 times.

The funny thing is that when we left to move to the Caribbean I gave it to my daughter thinking it would be useless but when we came back to Australia she returned it because it was too heavy for her. So they can hang around in the wardrobe for a little longer.
I wonder if I would make more use of it if I had something "exotic". You've inspired me to look harder. I find them all very boring and its money spent to hang on the back of a door.

If I find one I'll show it here. Just looked up some exotic ones on Pinterest and they scare the bejaysus out of me.

Last edited:

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I wonder if I would make more use of it if I had something "exotic". You've inspired me to look harder. I find them all very boring and its money spent to hang on the back of a door.

If I find one I'll show it here. Just looked up some exotic ones on Pinterest and they scare the bejaysus out of me.
This is mine, front and back. Husband says it looks like something out of the casbah. The top shows back detail. Such glorious colours. I think the fabric is a heavy double velour. I dread washing it.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
:)Yes I love it too !! I could do with a yummy dressing gown - we live in a very small town and the selection is very limited !! Nice to know such a lovely dressing gown exists !!
I just checked online and the place I bought mine from is still going. It is called The Bathrobe Company and the have their shop at the Covent Garden Market, London.

They have one that is very much like mine but without the hood. They have gone up in price since I bought mine!

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
New South Wales Australia
I just checked online and the place I bought mine from is still going. It is called The Bathrobe Company and the have their shop at the Covent Garden Market, London.

They have one that is very much like mine but without the hood. They have gone up in price since I bought mine!
I will definitely take a look !! Thanks :)

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Just looked at the range of that company and it is great. I bought a boring white spa gown in John Lewis midweek but if I'd seen this site I would have bought one from them. I love the one you have and they also have a good variety of in single colours.

Definitely a recommendation to keep.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
It’s absolutely gorgeous! If not the Casbah, then may I ask where it came from?
The Bathrobe Company and they sell out of Covent Garden Market. I think their business premises are in Norfolk.

I bought mine when I was single, footloose and my money was mine to spend as I liked but I couldn't afford to do it now.

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
The Bathrobe Company and they sell out of Covent Garden Market. I think their business premises are in Norfolk.

I bought mine when I was single, footloose and my money was mine to spend as I liked but I couldn't afford to do it now.

A woman after my own heart! I too used to love to spend on clothes - and for a short time recently, I could, after decades of mortgage, children etc etc. But then with OH and FTD I’ve had to start conserving resources again. For a while though, a few years ago, I could splurge - and goodness what fun it was!

Thanks so much for letting me know, I’ll look them up just for fun. Do enjoy every moment of wearing it - as I’m sure you do. It’s really special!