Wrong end of the stick

sheepfield

Feb 4, 2024
I've been so often this week to see my mother in law after she blew up her microwave that she thinks that I and her son are having problems at home and I'm avoiding him or something!
I'm not sure that she's eating anything unless prompted though she said that she had some meat this evening. I'll be checking her fridge later. Hence my daily visits, though she doesn't think that she needs help.
My husband was at his support group this evening hence I have an evening free to support someone else.
It's so rubbish, I don't want her worrying about me and my husband! We had some blood tests done today for the memory clinic referral so that's moving along a bit at least.

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I don't want her worrying about me and my husband!
Of course you dont, but the trouble is that she is unable to comprehend that there might be something wrong with her, so she thinks the problem is with you and your husband.

Im afraid its normal for dementia to think that problems are due to other people
xxx

sheepfield

Feb 4, 2024
Thank you for your reply! It's been quite a few days. My mother in law does sometimes mention putting herself in a nursing home and after a visit from the fire brigade today after her flat filled with smoke, she says that she's going to talk to her son, my husband about it.
Even that must be difficult for her to comprehend, she knows that she has some difficulty or other but doesn't know what can be done about it and thinks that a nursing home is the only solution.
And as we know demand far outstrips supply.