Won’t stop talking to self

Bertie24

Nov 21, 2022
Hi,

I need some advice. Over Christmas, my Mum started talking to herself A LOT. You will remind her nobody is there etc. and she’ll continue to talk to herself. It becomes so annoying and my family just have to step away from her to get away from the noise. We ask her to stop and she just carries on a couple of seconds later. It has now started to affect her sleep. We make her room as dark as possible, are very quiet with our voices, and make her room as relaxing as possible. But she still continues to talk to herself. We’ve tried playing sleeping music, sleeping tablets, keeping the door ajar rather than closed so she can hear up, and laying with her until she falls asleep but she is just continuing to talk to herself. Has anyone got any suggestions for what we could do? Thank you

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Bertie24 This must be so annoying to listen to all of the time. The constant talking could be caused by anxiety so it might be useful to have a word with your mum's GP to see if some anti anxiety medication would help. The constant talking might also be a progression of the disease and in that case there may not be a solution apart from doing what you are already.