WIFE has become a widow

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Now I feel we have something on common - we too have a narrowboat! Thinking of you as you prepare for the funeral. Hopefully once it's over you will be more at peace, knowing you've given him the best sendoff you can.

We kept our previous narrowboat on the Leicester Arm of the Grand Union down near the Buckby flight of locks for fifteen years. May well have passed you piph sometime!
The boat in the picture was moored at Pyrford Marina on the River Wey as it was only an hours drive from home but even that became too much for my husband in the end and I was forced with a sad heart to sell the boat when he went into the NH last year.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I expect you are right Lyn.

What is wrong with me I have just hovered under the beds - why?

Before Pete's celebration I was restless like you are now. It's an unsettling feeling. Since the celebration I've suffered from inertia. There must be a happy medium somewhere?

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
It is sad Sylvia-I have to say at any age no one should have to feel their lives slipping away with such a cruel illness. The Manager at Pete's CH said that in her experience the younger people with AD seem to slip away quicker. Since Pete's passing another resident at his CH has died and he was a year younger than Pete. Perhaps they were the exception to the general rule.

It's all too sad. I hope Diane is doing as well as can be expected-and Benrese and her family.

Love

Lyn T XX

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
It is sad Sylvia-I have to say at any age no one should have to feel their lives slipping away with such a cruel illness. The Manager at Pete's CH said that in her experience the younger people with AD seem to slip away quicker. Since Pete's passing another resident at his CH has died and he was a year younger than Pete. Perhaps they were the exception to the general rule.

It's all too sad. I hope Diane is doing as well as can be expected-and Benrese and her family.

Love

Lyn T XX
I am a Diana though all my friends call me Di - rather inappropriate nickname at this time!

Wonder also how Diane has fared today - hope her husband's Funeral went well.
What can I do now to pass the time - I know go to bed with my book, dog and a hot water bottle. Wonder how long I will stay there?

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I know go to bed with my book, dog and a hot water bottle. Wonder how long I will stay there?
That sounds like a good plan on such a dismal dreary afternoon.
Build up some strength for tomorrow too.

Lovely photo. I had to sell or holiday chalet in our home county of Pembrokeshire when it became too much to cope with on top of everything else when Dave went into the hospital and then NH.
The sale money soon disappeared on the fees too.
I feel sad about it now but what's done is done.

Dave was older than Pete, being 75 when he died but there were residents in his home who were in their 90s. They didn't have much of a life though, so sad.

I hope you sleep ok tonight Di. I'll be thinking of you. x

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
That is a beautiful photograph, WIFE and how nice to put a face to the person. I am sure you are 'antsy' because you are so nervous but try to get some rest, sweetie, you will need all your strength tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. Love. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Dear Wife,
What a lovely photo.....such a warm smile.
I hope tomorrow is all you hope for, and that the days, weeks and months that follow bring a sense of peace.
Love G x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
If you are stuck for something to pass the time
Can anyone explain why I am having this sudden irrational compulsion to clean all the crystal drops on my hall chandelier?
my cloakroom floor needs a good clean. I always worry about certain visitors coming unexpectedly ( my posh cousin:eek:) that is my normal impetus to start cleaning at stupid o clock:rolleyes: However your urge is a bit more understandable.

What a smashing photo. I would love a boat, but I get so sea sick!!:eek::D

Thinking of you.x.x

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Woke at 3 a.m. and after my first cup of coffee just lay in the dark with the doglet thinking of hitches and unforeseens - is there enough loo-paper for all the hoards who hopefully are NOT goring to descend after the Wake. Have I made enough sandwiches for those who will come to the house before we go to the Crematorium. Do I need a Tena-pad (apologies to any men viewing but we older women suffer from such problems especially when nervous).

Finally I got up and have spent an hour answering e-mails from all over the world from friends who cannot be here today though nothing from my SIL (brother) in Australia!

Lovely e-mail from Shelagh (Rathbone) who is enjoying her travels with G.

Diane - sincerely hope Tony's Funeral was a peaceful occasion yesterday - I was thinking of you and how you must be feeling all day.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Thinking of you today, Wife, and hoping that today goes as you want it to - sending sympathy and wishes for strength xxxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
My thoughts are with you today, lovely photo just catching up with a few days posts, sending you a big (((HUG))) ♡♡♡♡♡

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Thinking of you today and also hoping Di's day passed as well as it could. The answer to the Tpad question is an overwhelming yes as it is one less problem to worry about and no-one is going to know (apart from us!!) Obviously I don't know from experience but I would imagine you will go into automatic pilot to get you through the day. How typical of Shelagh. Knew she would be here for you too. Wishing you well, my lovely. God bless. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey