WIFE has become a widow

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
This will be an odd sort of morning for you if it's anything like mine was.
I hope you managed to sleep a little at least.
I'll be thinking of you this afternoon.
I hope all goes as well as it can do.xxx

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Thank you all so much for your words of support. I've been ready for hours - wishing time away. At least its a lovely sunny day here though very cold. Keep thinking I hear the dear man telling me not to be a silly cow and what's all the fuss about!

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Well its over - I have to say it was a very nice Funeral - gentle, sun streaming into the Chapel, twice as many people as I had anticipated coming, Chapel holds 88 but there were so many more standing at the back and around the sides, lots of old faces, and once I had conquered my nerves I really can say that I enjoyed the whole proceedings for my lovely boy. Flowers were beautiful and my choice of music was much appreciated especially Unforgettable as we were leaving the Chapel. I said my poem Farewell - just managed to control myself as I placed the red rose on his coffin - the bit I was fearing the most but it felt good to have a last contact with him and although my bottom lip started to tremble I thought of my upbringing - never make a fuss in public and got through somehow.

Back at the Hotel, lots of anecdotes, laughter and a jolly good party for my husband - all in all a success. I feel relieved its over but somehow extremely uplifted by all the lovely things said about my man by so many.

A friend came back with me - didn't want me to be alone this evening which was kind but I am now looking forward to some peace and quiet for a few days hopefully.

Once again thank you all for all your support and lovely messages which sincerely helped me through today - knowing that there are so many kind people in my life who care.

Loving thoughts and thanks - WIFE

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Dear Wife, so glad it all went well and you feel able to sit back and have a peaceful time to reflect and recharge your batteries.
Love G x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm glad everything went well WIFE. I hope you managed some sleep and you manage to get some time to yourself today

Thinking of you

Lyn T XX