Why do so many incontinence pads leak?!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Oh Marnie, avoid chocolate purchases! sounds like you just need one more good carer. Is there anything in the small print that says you cannot use two care agencies? It is important the cleaning is done properly and with everything out there to aid this, I cannot understand why some carers don't. cutting corners does not save time.

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
I'm seriously considering just using that one carer now and coping myself when she's not available, or looking for another agency, or an 'independent' to help with the rest. I will find a way. It's the crisps that are my downfall, not chocolate!!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Trying new pad tonight, supposed to hold over 3000. This and nappy is all I am going to use tonight.

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
How is it going Tin? I'm pleased to report that mum's weeing habits evened out a bit yesterday, so it was definitely the heat that caused some urine retention. There's still quite a lot overnight, but she's not flooding as much. The new 1 litre booster pads are great, but I find that with the really big pads the whole thing is so bulky that there are red marks on mum's skin by morning. Not serious as they go away, but I'm going to try using them with slightly lesser pads to get a balance. They are also longer than the smaller boosters I used before, which is good in a way, but if you let it overlap the pad, then the moisture seeps out and over the pad.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
I am having success with just this one pad and the nappy, last night I changed and put a booster pad inside, but really I don't think I need to, only if she goes to bed early. Still having to place the pad further up her back, because she seems to stay on her back most of the night, even though her feet are up in the air or knees crossed! The Velcro on the nappy is easy for me to fit now and it is strong, but mum can undo it. She loves playing with Velcro, always has done. so still have to use trousers that tie up at the back.

The odd thing about the weather change is that mum is now drinking a little more!