Which clock should I buy?

buttonnose

Aug 24, 2013
My father has lost the ability to read the time. It was suggested to me that I buy him a talking clock. The ones I've tried so far are not suitable for him. He can't understand an American accent, and he can't understand a 24 hour clock. Ideally I would like the clock to say the time, and then 'in the morning' or 'in the afternoon' rather than 'am' or 'pm'. Does one exist like that?

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
My father has lost the ability to read the time. It was suggested to me that I buy him a talking clock. The ones I've tried so far are not suitable for him. He can't understand an American accent, and he can't understand a 24 hour clock. Ideally I would like the clock to say the time, and then 'in the morning' or 'in the afternoon' rather than 'am' or 'pm'. Does one exist like that?

Has he been assessed by an OT? Mum was provided one that she can cope with, huge dial, days of the week on it. She loves it and cheats when people ask her what day it is by sneaking a peak. :D

Margaret1

Nov 6, 2012
Herts

Hello Buttonnose
Have a look at the RNIB website. Because my mum is visually impaired she has used their products for a long time. There is a thing called a cube clock - no face, you just press a big button on top for the time. May not say everything you want but it is English and easy to use. Hope this helps.:)

paddingtonbear

Apr 27, 2013
Hi, saw this design4dementia.blogspot.co.uk - this chaps mum has dementia & he devised a dementia day clock, using an ordinary digital photo frame. I will attempt it myself,if my dad doesn't like it we still have a photo frame!
Good luck
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdieB