Wheels!

annesharlie

Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver Island, Canada
I am not sure how to get the picture within the text for this posting, but wanted to show you Ron's new ebike. It doesn't require a driver's license, it's got pedals like a bicycle, but also a battery so is electric run. It's a wonderful solution to him not being allowed to drive - he has some sense of independence, yet it's very safe - wont' go above 32 kmph as required by law. In Canada a person has to be over 16 to drive one, ( that's the only rule!) so it's perfect for young people or those who are slightly handicapped and couldn't drive a car or motor bike. I do hope it proves to be a success, I've told him that his bad memory must make him forget just how it felt to roar up our hill on his old motorbike, as this will be quite, quite different!

Attachments

• ronsbiketp 007.jpg
    ronsbiketp 007.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 356

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
How lovely for you to have found some compromise to the awful situation of having to give up driving. I do hope Ron is able to enjoy it and keep as much independence as he's able.

Á :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Anne,

What a fantastic compromise. I hope Ron has many hours of pleasure from his bike. All the drivers that were, will be green with envy.

With love

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5