What should we call our new research project to support carers?

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Just to add that our Research team will be collecting all your ideas tomorrow, so if you have any more suggestions, please post them this evening. :)

Many thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread so far,

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Good Luck Katherine & The Team !

Hello Katherine , Sorry to be late ( have been reading this Thread but could not think of any names ! ) However these 2 are my Favorites ::)

* Caring For Me :)

* Care For Me :)

Expect "The Team " will not find it easy picking a Name ? ! !

Best Wishes to you all & will "look out " for the New Name with interest !

Love Grove x

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Thanks very much Jancis, grove and Lin. :)

I think that's a wrap! :D Many thanks to everyone for your suggestions; the Research team now have their work cut choosing just one of them.

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Our Research project now has a name!

The name of our new project is:

Caring for Me and You: A toolkit for carers of people with dementia

which was inspired by many of the posts in this thread. :)

Our Research team wanted to emphasise that your suggestions were sent to the Press, Marketing and Research teams at the Society as well as to the scientific Steering Group who is running the project.

Your input was particularly helpful in understanding how the words "carers", "care" and "caring" could be used. Also, whilst initially our team were not planning to use the words "me" or "I", they realised from your suggestions that taking a personal approach such as this was popular and carried meaning for people.

Again, many thanks to everyone who took the time to submit their suggestions.

Best wishes,

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
What is the tenet for this new "club" - oops sorry research project? My suggestion -

C - comfort
A - advice
R - resources
E - encouragement
R - recognition
S - support

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Great name Katherine, says what it does on the tin! Pity there isn't another word for tookit that fits the bill (can't think of a better one :() Maybe it's my age but toolkit sounds a bit mechanical.